**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

Does the portal change thing happen every year or was it just a glitch last year?

@chianger531 @rifasanj I was wondering the same thing. From my understanding, the people who were accepted last year had their ā€œDecision FAQā€ change from a waitlist FAQ to an admitted student FAQā€¦But I donā€™t the the 4 address glitch is any indication of acceptance. Has anyone noticed a change in their FAQ? Mine still says ā€œDecision FAQā€ and then when I click on it, it says ā€œWait List Frequently Asked Questions.ā€

Last year, people didnā€™t notice the FAQ change until a little bit before decisions were released.

ā€œSo above my status update is nothing, i dont have any faq anything above my status update. but when i click view update and scroll down to the bottom of the waitlist and click Application Decisions FAQ - March 28, 2019 i see
Admission Frequently Asked Questions
Accepting Your Offer of Admission.ā€

ā†’ This is the portal change that admitted students saw before they were accepted from the waitlist. Thatā€™s a quote from someone on last yearā€™s thread.

Mine is still waitlist FAQ, Iā€™ve been checking this like 20 times a day since I submitted the form.

@hotcheetos33 for the address glitch ur talking about, Iā€™ve had four addresses too, but I wanted to remove one (my us high school address) since Iā€™m home because of the coronavirus. When I tried to remove it, the address came back after a week or so. At first I thought maybe they reviewed my application again?? Idk tho

@ridasanj Mine is too! I wouldnā€™t worry about it though because it seems like the FAQ only changes about an hour before decisions are released.

@chianger531 The address glitch is so weird and idk what to make out of it!! I feel like the FAQ change is a more solid indication of acceptance. I have never noticed glitches with my addresses which makes me kinda nervous though.

did FPF send another email to those who opted in on the website rn lol

Has anyone been to the admissions eevnts? How are they?

I just got an email from FPF but I also opted in for more information a couple weeks ago so thatā€™s probably it. I went to one of their events and they just answered general questions about the FPF program.

I checked out the ucbclassof2024 Instagram page. The total number of posts dropped from 680+ to 662 overnight. You have to be committed to Cal to be able to post on it. So Iā€™m assuming that some people dropped out from Cal after they got into other schools yesterday like UCLA. Guessing.

With the email from FPF that just came in it sounds like they definitely need more people to sign up for FPF which is good news for those on the waitlist who are willing to start in FPF. I donā€™t think itā€™s an indicator of any acceptance but I wish they didnā€™t use words like ā€œstarting your Berkeley career in FPFā€ or link a Welcome, Future Cal Bears video at the bottom since that just makes me even more anxious to get the decision.

So no one is seeing any FAQ glitch so far right? I donā€™t think weā€™ll see decisions till next week. Davis didnā€™t release any in-state yet and UCLA didnā€™t either.

@homosapiens UCLA and Davis have already started releasing in-state waitlist decisions

I opted into the waitlist on April 15th at 10:26 PM PT but my application says that I opted in on April 16th. Did any of you get this error and do you know if it will affect my eligibility? Thanks

lol whenever I see people write about how good of a chance we have especially if we selected FPF I just think to myself how bad I will feel when I inevitably donā€™t get in

@disconhaze Whereā€™d you see that? I only saw OOS and Internationals being admitted at both. Iā€™m waitlisted to both too still waiting to hear back lol

@FallAutumnLeaf - fax Iā€™m feeling the same thing rn. I just hope this goes well for all of us. I am genuinely surprised Cal hasnā€™t released at least any oos decisions yet considering UCLA and Davis have already started their second wave with in state decisions.

@disconhaze Yeah no UCLA did not release in state waitlist admissions yet. Its only been oos and international. In states do not hear back until AFTER May 1. I am like 98% sure that no in states had heard back yet.

@kash123 Okay where are you getting this information that UCLA has started their second wave of IN STATES? The only wave I heard and saw was for oos and internationals and nothing about in states. I am pretty confident that in states for UCLA will be on May 1 or after. But not before I think?

I donā€™t think Davis started their in-states yet either. Was there anything on CC or Reddit? I wasnā€™t able ot find anythign.