**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

I see, thank you so much!

@kevadunn how could you have spoken to an admissions officer? The office isn’t accepting calls (I tried but they said to contact them by their form).

A little perspective - These analyses are obviously highly speculative. In reality, Berkeley admission is a high honor and a reach for everyone. So, a good strategy is to hope for the best, embrace the options you have, and be extremely thrilled if, beyond all odds, you are admitted from the Berkeley waitlist.

any chance they could come out today? If it doesn’t come today then they are probably gonna release it the usual May 8th date

May 8th!?? What the H?? This is like one of the Saw movies, where we are a bunch of pawns in their twisted game of death.

BTW UCLA is admitting more WL RIGHT
NOW!

i already explained how on 34

UCSB is also admitting more rn!! I just got in
OOS L&S !!!

@scrambro - I honestly don’t know at this point. I am just speculating like everyone else but let’s hope it comes out sooner

this is just a theory and I really hope this theory is not true but I have a feeling that maybe UCB didn’t get affected as much as the other UCs in terms of the enrollment numbers. I mean why else would they still not have released anything if literally every other UC has been releasing theirs including UCLA which is on par with UCB’s brand name and appeal. Again, I might just be overthinking it and it doesn’t seem to be realistic either but I don’t know what other explanation there would be to not release any early like many other public schools have been doing

UCLA released before May 1st last year as well. Berkeley did not. Seem to be business as usual

Berkeley is king. It does what it does. People will still want to enroll after the May 1 deadline, even if they have committed elsewhere.

I agree with this. @kash123, undoubtedly UCB has been affected by the pandemic. But it is an elite international university. They will not panic and roll out several waves before May 1st. They will stick with what works for them. Assuredly enrollment is down, but the spots will be filled. I still stand by some of my overly-optimistic analysis, and there will be some scrambling behind the scenes, but UCB knows it can fill 6000 freshman spots from students all over the world in any given year.

If it’s coming out today it’s gotta be about another 3 hours. Hopefully it’s today ??

Wouldn’t the portal change by now if it was today?

From past waitlist threads, it looks like the portal doesn’t until about 1-2 hours before decisions are posted. Or maybe I’m wrong
 I actually am not 100% positive, but that’s what it seemed like from past threads.

Idk some ppl are saying the portal changes an hour before decisions are released?? I’m not sure, and we don’t know if they’ve fixed that this year.

Is there any reason that we think that decisions might come out today, or is it just hope?

@maglor I think it’s just hope
People are hoping that since all of the other UC schools have already been accepting from the waitlist, Berkeley will do the same. I think it’s unlikely that they will release decisions before May 1, but I’m still praying that they do!

I mean, wouldn’t they lock the “edit” option were they about to start releasing waves?

As a parent, I don’t see the portal, my daughter does. She got an email when her decision had been posted that she was placed on the waitlist
would the student also get an email when/if there were activity on the waitlist, or would you just have to keep checking it?