**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@harvardptonwlboi ummm what they meant was that at the bottom of the fpf email it says “Welcome Future Cal Bears” with a link to a video posted on March 26 (decision day). There wasn’t an actual email which said that, it was part of the FPF email.

I just did some quick surfing through the internet about this 4 address thing and it is not true whatsoever. You cannot totally deny the theory as people have been accepted that had 4 addresses but there are also many people who got denied with 4 addresses and people accepted with just 2 addresses. I went through the Reddit and CC posts from the class of 2023 and the class of 2022 and that is what I found.

@brownvibesonly yeah, I know, I just didn’t get the email? Did you get it and are you in state/OOS. I mean a link to video titled “Welcome Future Cal Bears” is promising at the least.

Did anyone else not get the email despite signing up?

Anyone else have 4 addresses?

Getting so nervous

@harvardptonwlboi hi yes i am instate and i got the email like at least a week after i asked for more information…so dw too much about it!!

The 4 addresses things is a collective CC myth that propagates applicant anxiety every time Berkeley decisions are about to come out.

Even if the 4 addresses glitch doesn’t signify an acceptance or rejection, does it mean that decisions are coming out soon?

@Sisternight I hope so, do you happen to have 4 addresses or only that one person?

@nervoussenior111 I think an insider told us that it won’t be this week. Do you have 4 addresses?

I’m too nervous.

What is this about 4 vs 2 addresses?

As of yesterday, I had 2 addresses on my portal. Today I have 4…this glitch is kinda worrying ;/

@brownvibesonly I know the 4 addresses glitch was something everyone talked about last year too. I don’t think it means anything. I’m almost 100% positive that mine stayed as 2 addresses the whole time. The only change that ever indicated anything was what I previously mentioned about the decisions frq change.

Wait an insider said it’s not gonna be this week? I thought first week of May is when first wave is supposed to be out?

@collegeappacc

I feel like this address glitch is just a random glitch. Based on what I’ve read in the past posts about it there is no evidence that it is true.

@jaffa1 said that they’ll finalize how many to admit from the WL end of this week, so i took this to mean that.

@kash123

This glitch has me soooo worried, now I dont think Im getting in :frowning:

Please be this week… I don’t want to be tortured any longer ??

@collegeappacc - well I’m in the same boat as you and the rest of us. However, the Cal admissions twitter two years ago posted that there is no correlation between this address glitch and admissions. You can search it up for yourselves as well and even in past years people have got rejected with 4 addresses ad people have gotten in with 2 addresses only. if anything is an indicator of admission, it would be the change in the FAQs which usually happens hours before the decisions are released.

@kash123

Thanks for that!

Was wondering if most people here had 2 or 4, seems like a lot of ppl have 2, so idk if there’s much of a need to worry/ if it means much.

I assumed that colleges don’t release decisions on the weekend but I think someone said that UCLA released some WL this morning. Was I wrong?

@hesjeev yes UCLA had a big IS wave with some OOS getting in too this morning (Saturday).