**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

is there any chance that we’d hear back tomorrow? waiting is killing me hahaha

@razon12 the options for different pathways are only for L&S applicants, I’m waitlisted engineering and I don’t have it either.

@kash123 They’re not. They are hemorrhaging cash right now. Their overall 2024 yield is down. It is unclear if the federal government is going to do a 4th round of stimulus (to get money to the states)–so UC can’t expect a State bailout right now. They simply can’t afford to be significantly underenrolled.

The address thing that has been discussed has no relevance–no WL decisions have been made. And, for those of us on the WL, that is an absolutely good thing–it allows all the UCLA WL admittees to accept and thereby further lower the yield for UCB. When UCB begins the WL invitation process, at the end of the week, there will be many happy people on this board. Until then, everybody try to maintain your mental health!!

@jaffa1

Do you know if they’ll start taking ppl off the waitlist this week, or if they will simply decide how many get off, and start taking next week.

Furthermore, UCB usually does 2-3 waves, and this year UCLA has done 6-7. So this year being one wave is really unlikely right? As in, if we don’t get off this week, we still may get off later.

@jaffa1 this is probably the truest statement we’ve read in a while. It is no fun to be in the dark, but the longer we wait, the better off we will be when they start pulling from the list. The fat is being trimmed right now. And those of us that are sticking it out for UCB will likely be rewarded.
quote from the UCB WL policy“If space is available after May 1…”

[/quote]

Could be the understatement of the year.

@collegeappacc The way I understood it, they would commence the process of taking people off at the end of the week, and the process would occur in multiple waves. I expect to get an update at the end of the week, and will share it.

If I checked the box to say I was willing to do the global edge program but am not in the age group do it what will happen if they offer me that pathway

Guys, I opt in and checked fpf on April 10, but I just checked off fpf and updated it. Do you guys think that will have some impact on my chance of getting in? Or it will stay unchange?

@Tomson123
they’ll use your original app

@rushbro7725
GEL likely won’t even happen, atleast not in the fall

@tomson123 I don’t know the answer, but I have a theory about the 4 address glitch. Can you check this afternoon and tomorrow and tell us if you get the 4 address glitch? I think it happens whenever you or Cal updates your application . . .

does anyone have a prediction of the chance to get off the waitlist for CNR? what have previous years looked like?

who is they? did you talk to someone on admissions?

@separatelayer I had 4 addresses yesterday and now I have 2

Did you update anything on your app in the last few days?

No i didn’t @separatelayer

i have four now while couple days ago i only had two. And i haven’t touched my waitlist form since April 15th

The. Address. Glitch. Does. Not. Mean. Anything.

yea guys, there was a whole discussion about it yesterday. the address glitch doesn’t indicate anything so there is no need to worry. It literally is just a random glitch.

I applied under the college of l&s and they offered me three different pathways for the waitlist but it said that I wasn’t required to choose an option. so I didn’t choose a pathway. does that mean if i am admitted I will be taking the traditional pathway?

@akjerae1 yes that means they’ll consider you for regular admission