**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

any CoE people get the glitch?

What happens when you click “view update” and go to the bottom of your waitlist letter and click “Application Decisions FAQ - March 26, 2020”?

Yeah this is rlly weird
I have had the 4 address glitch before, but I’m not having any FAQ glitches. I agree with @scrambro that it would be odd for Berkeley to do a wave with several demographics, since that isn’t what they usually do. I feel like it’s quite possible that this FAQ glitch is similar to the address glitch, which we already know does not signify admission status. I could see how this FAQ glitch seems more reasonable to be a signal of acceptance because we already know that Berkeley changes the waitlist FAQ to an accepted student FAQ when someone has been admitted, but I still feel as though this is the same deal as the address glitch because it’s a duplicate of the FAQ just like how the addresses had duplicates.

Out of state. I have the glitch. What does it mean?

I only have one FAQ link so I don’t think I have that glitch. I am oos btw

@separatelayer, have the glitch. FAQ in the WL letter is the same old WL FAQ

instate no glitch :frowning:

@wannabebear
are you l and s?

instate L&S no glitch :frowning:

just calm down
 as @hotcheetos33 said, it could mean nothing and be just like the e-mail glitch
 let’s wait until decisions come out to find out, no need to panic or anything

instate L&S no glitch

yeah im L&S, idt this glitch means too much just like the address glitch but it’s hard not to get anxious

instate L&S no glitch as well

im L&S as well oos but no glitch. I think reading the past posts the majority of those that have the glitch are in state(correct me if I’m wrong, but just my general observation). Either it is a sign for maybe an in-state wave or it is just one of those random glitches.

@jaffa1 has already said based on what a UC Regent said that they are still deciding how many to admit and the earliest a wave could come is the end of this week
 very unlikely that this glitch means anything more than the 2 vs 4 address

OOS L&S and I have the glitch.

I’m curious, with the exception of one CNR person who has the glitch, are there others who have applied to other schools - COE, Chemistry, etc. - with the glitch?

Don’t stress guys!! I don’t think they update portals in any way, shape, or form until the same day that they release a wave. Someone on this thread who was admitted from Berkeley’s waitlist last year said that he/she noticed the FAQ under his waitlist letter had changed so that when he/she clicked on it, it said “admitted student FAQ” instead of the previous “waitlist FAQ.” 
BUT he/she said that it changed on the same day that he/she was admitted
not days in advance
 It changed a few hours before his/her portal updated with the official news. It doesn’t seem like there is going to be a wave today, considering how late it is and how scattered the demographics are of ppl with this glitch, so I doubt that this FAQ glitch is different from the address glitch. I don’t think anyone should get their hopes up or down yet
We will all know our decisions really soon!!! <3 And I stand by my opinion that the majority of us will receive good news!

No change for me. Intl CoE. Does anyone in CoE have the glitch?

How is that one of the most sophisticated universities in the world has these glitches every year and it never gets fixed, just recurs every cycle. Doesn’t add up.

@Goldenbearfan I’m in-state CNR w/ the glitch, so I guess that makes two of us