**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@collegeappacc Yes.

@jaffa1 ah ok cool. I feel like even if this the first wave, considering how few L and S have been admitted, I feel as though this could be the traditional admissions, filling those many spots. I genuinely feel like FPF will not be used.

it’s been 3 hours. Nada on my end.

did any coe get the glitch?

@plsadmitthanks I saw one on page 53 iirc

yooo I have the glitch
L&S

These things usually pop up to disappointment me lol

@icecrasher you’re in state?

The UC Merced Chancellor, speaking at an education forum today (available online at UCB Center for Studies in Higher Education website) said two interesting things: 1) that dorms could be 30-50% full this fall; and 2) he speculated that UCB (and other UCs) would have to go deeper into their IS wait lists to make up for the loss of international students.

@jaffa1 That does sound really good. Do you have any idea if there’ll be more than one wave? Because UCLA had some small waves before having some big in state one. I feel like what happened with the portal may be the first wave manifesting itself, but I kinda wanna know whether to give up lol.

@collegeappacc There will be more than 1 wave. Absolutely don’t give up–think positively–all signs are pointing in the right direction!!

Damn no glitch for me guess it’s the end of the road. Since some got it and some people didn’t with no correlation with each other, the glitch probably means that you got in. Dang it, can anyone who has the glitch take a screenshot? Maybe this is just for the first wave

@jaffa1 SInce they are gonna go deeper into their waitlist for IS applicants, do you know what this might mean for OOS applicants?

I submitted my Waitlist Opt-in form on March 28 but I made some edits to my essay on April 30. On my Application portal it says “4/30” in the “Forms” section, but if you go into the actual form it says “Submitted 3/28.” Do you think this will affect my chances in anyway? I know people say that Cal will only look at the original form but how would they know what changes I made?

Are they accepting more of a transfer waitlist than freshmen
Is that, right?

For those of y’all who have the FAQ glitch, please keep us updated on if it goes back to normal tomorrow!

I would find it surprising if the FAQ glitch was a signal of admission because usually, the entire yellow box disappears for those who have been admitted on the day that a wave is sent out. I read this in last year’s thread. Everyone who was accepted had their yellow box with the FAQ link totally disappear, but when they clicked on the FAQ link at the bottom of their waitlist letter, that link took them to an admitted student FAQ instead of the previous waitlist FAQ.
Edit: The yellow box disappears a few hours before decisions are released and then returns with the new status update.

Ok, we could test something: did the people who got the glitch check any of the pathways? I did not

I checked FPF and Global Pathway; I didn’t get a checkbox for the traditional pathway.

Does this mean that international students won’t be prioritized despite of the low international enrollment? This is rather upsetting for international applicants lmao. Hope the glitch means nothing though.

@imaxraftrsav1

I did not check any of the pathways, and I have a glitch.