**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

Do we think the glitch means admission or is it just a random glitch? I know we should just wait and see but the anxiety is killing me. L&S OOS & no glitch.

do any int students have the glitch

did the glitch go away or is it still there?

@doritoesss Hey! Sorry I totally forgot to keep up with this. I honestly canā€™t remember what I picked. I donā€™t want to give information that isnā€™t correct, but I will say that at least for L&S I really donā€™t think anyone from the waitlist will be given the option for the traditional pathway. Iā€™m pretty sure those are reserved for those who get off the waitlist for engineering and maybe the College of Chemistry. Everyone I met in FPF was in L&S and was never given the option to a traditional pathway. BUT I will say FPF is in no way a bad program. Itā€™s only one semester and many students tend to get higher grades which can be super helpful when transitioning to college. Also, you have the opportunity to make really strong connections with professors which is incredibly important.

@collegeappacc Iā€™m OOS and I didnā€™t check any of the pathway boxes

@ahutch2001 Yeah, I remember talking to my friends and many said FPF was their only option, but they did know someone who did traditional pathway (I believe through L and S, but that could be where Iā€™m wrong). The suspicion, this year, however, is that COVID will lower yield, so there will be many traditional spots left on top of the FPF spots. You seem to have a more positive view of FPF than others Iā€™ve talked to though, reassuring.

Tysm for doing this!

what about the students who didnā€™t select FPF as a pathway on the waitlist form? @ahutch2001

@collegeappacc Iā€™m OOS and I didnā€™t check any of the non-traditional pathway boxes

there is no way this glitch could mean anything significant for admission. that is the most random thing ever

Iā€™m OOS with the glitch, applied to CoE.

In state l&S with no glitch and im freaking out haha

for the people with the glitch, did it go away or is it still there?

If the first wave of decisions is released tomorrow then it is fair to say that this glitch may have been an indicator and I guess the people that have it will probably get in. However, if it is not released tomorrow then this is just another one of those random glitches. Just my opinion.

@kevadunn @collegeappacc Like I said I donā€™t want to give any false info, but Iā€™ll help as much as I can. I wish I could remember if I picked FPF when prompted. I looked back through my emails and found an email from February titled ā€œMeet the Students: First Year Pathwaysā€ which basically just talked about the various pathways. I know everyone on this thread is talking about some email they got, but I think thatā€™s the only email I ever got (way before I even knew I was waitlisted) which leads me to believe I didnā€™t pick FPF when prompted (I was still not given the option for the traditional pathway if this was the case). Honestly, I really donā€™t know if you will be offered the traditional pathway, especially with COVID, but I will say if you guys truly want to go to Berkeley then FPF is well worth it. Itā€™s one semester and being in smaller classes helped me make some really close friends (I still talk to them even though we arenā€™t in any classes together). I know there are some people with a negative outlook on the program, which I totally understand, but at the end of the day we ended up at Berkeley and I believe it was well worth it.

itā€™s still there for me @benjyman68 i just checked

@zstargirl09 which pathway options did you mark if youā€™re l and s?

itā€™s still there for me too (intl L&S, marked FPF)

Just a wild guess: I think thereā€™s a possibility the decisions are coming out tomorrow since last year may the 7th is a Tuesday, which would translate to this years May 5th (tomorrow, a Tuesday). Iā€™m not quite sure tho because @jaffa1 said itā€™ll be later in the week. I donā€™t want to stress anyone out, and best of luck for everyone!

iā€™m OOS with no glitch in L&Sā€¦ any chance decisions will come out tomorrow?

any chance that we might be getting the first wave tomorrow?