**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

Under FPF in red I see
Fall Program for Freshmen Remaining Spots
Under Traditional I don’t see such information.
As such this is just speculation - we can never be sure

I think it’s going to be Thursday. The best reference points are @jaffa1 intel, and the last 2 years have had a first wave date of May 7th.

they likely won’t release information about how many traditional spots are left which is probably why it doesn’t say anything

If it was coming out today, it would most likely be at 3:30 pst. So, ig that’s when we will find out if that glitch actually meant anything or if it was just speculation.

For the spots remaining on the traditional program, I think it’s not likely that there are no traditional spots remaining at all but honestly, it’s all speculation. It’s good to know how many FPF spots are open tho. Ultimately, in the end, whether we get in through FPF or the traditional path, I’m sure all of us will be extremely grateful as even getting admission into Cal is a high honor.

It could be that the traditional pathway is “closed” for now on the portal of admits because they’ve already made their choices, but I don’t think it necessarily means there won’t be anymore. Otherwise, it means they only have spot for 717 more students and only L&S which doesn’t make any sense. Besides, 717 spots would mean fewer people coming off the waitlist than other years. Besides which, that would mean higher yield for Berkeley than usual and that would go against everything we’ve been hearing from both school officials and other schools. I know Berkeley is a great school, but I highly doubt it’s bucking the trend of other top schools.

The past few years, waitlist decisions have come out at 3:00pm pst sharp.

@ImThonking Reading through last year’s waitlist thread it does look like OOS kids got in first wave

@maglor1 does that include int’l as well?

Also if no one saw, a user had this glitch last week. This could point to it not meaning anything but only time will tell.

Past threads show that OOS kids get in during the first wave. And then there’s usually 1 or 2 more waves. During those waves, mostly IS get in along with a few OOS.

This year might have multiple waves though. Who knows. Does UCLA always have this many waves? It seems like they’re on their 7th or 8th wave already.

oh ye sorry, i think my friend meant that the first wave focused mostly on in state applicants but theres def still inter and oos who got in too

When do portals usually start to change?

Here is a thought regarding the FAQ glitch. It might mean something. In years past, an FAQ page showed up early detailing information on how to accept admission and how to move forward with housing. This year, the housing situation is completely different, so they cannot link to that same old page. There would need to be a new FAQ page. This bad (currently) link may eventually point to it. They may be writing the new FAQ page as we speak.

Is it required to submit unofficial transcripts with final term grades?

Always 3:00

@catelin You either self-report it or upload the unofficial copy or neither. If you’ve reported the grades, you don’t need to submit the transcript. They’re gonna ask for your official papers after your enrol anyway.

@scambro you could be right, but last year there was only one link, and it was titled “admitted students” faq, which makes sense, and only showed up 3 hours before decisions were released. It also seems like is, oos and internationals have this glitch when they usually start w one of those groups

does everyone who had the glitch still have it?

I don’t know if there’s much use in speculating over it. We will find out today at 3:00 pst if it actually means anything at all.

What else are we supposed to do?? Be productive and spend time with our families??? pffft. no thanks :wink: