**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

it was around this time last year that people started seeing admission faq’s from the link in their waitlist letter…anyone see that?

Nope.

Nope still the same

Good luck to everyone.

I am an oos L&S applicant and I didn’t check the FPF box. Do you think this will this decrease my chance of getting in?

Anyone with the glitch able to access the admitted students faq?

Don’t even have the glitch edknjbcfhwueijqrw

have the glitch…nothing yet

12:31 PDT
Yes FAQ glitch.
In-state L&S

no change in portal

https://light.berkeley.edu/o/student-needs-time-covid-19-berkeley-responds/

UCB Chancellor live now asking for student relief fund help. (prob targeted more for alums). There might be more discussion about the enrollment.

Anyone get the glitch from CoE? Every post is from the other colleges, so I’m just checking.

@augusata from what I’ve seen here and on Reddit, a few CoE have the glitch but it’s mostly L&S and CNR. I think it makes sense since Berkeley CoE is higher than for the other colleges and I’d imagine, with them being a highly regarded school for engineering, they’re still maintaining more or less the same yield for CoE.

Yes, I have the glitch and am waitlisted for CoE.

OK. I just watched the Chancellor and Vice Chancellors live talk about fundraising and the state of students in need.

-UCB Received $15M in Fed aid CARES act.
-Chancellor expects a hybrid format (online/on-campus combo) in the Fall UNLESS there is a new outbreak.
-There will be no tuition refunds
-Student housing - - will need to come a solution for testing/social distancing.

• A final decision about what the Fall will look like will come in Mid-june
    -They expects some families to not be able to return in Fall bc finances
    -Intl students - vague discussion. Existing intl. students face “different challenges more barriers”.
    -They need funding BADLY. (that was basically said)
    -Chancellor - “inspired and optimistic outlook for the fall”

no enrollment discussion, per se. But you get the gist that they need revenue now.

@xtanyax
https://pages.github.berkeley.edu/OPA/our-berkeley/ug-admissions.html

The yield for CoE (49%) is very similar to campuswide yield (45%), so I doubt the yield is staying the same when the entire campus’s yield has clearly dropped. Berkeley as a whole is a very prestigious school regardless of which college you get into, so I don’t think the added prestige of the CoE would create such a dramatic impact on the yield. It still seems to me that very few CoE got the glitch and all were OOS, suggesting that they haven’t looked at all of the waitlist forms for CoE (if this is really the first wave after all). I expect more admits for CoE in later waves, since almost all CoE admits last year were from the second wave.

@plsadmitthanks @xtanyax Thank you for both of your responses. I find it interesting that most CoE admits last year were from the second wave. Hoping that is the situation we are dealing with here, although we can’t uncertain if the glitch really signifies anything.

Does anyone know the number of in-state/OOS/International applicants who get accepted in the first wave? Is it more favored towards in-state?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone.

anyone notice any changes to your faqs yet?

Most of the people that have the glitch for L&S are instate. I knew there were a few OOS people that had it as well but in my observation, it was mostly instate LS so possible a big in-state wave if this glitch were to mean anything

@kash123 I actually thought it was the opposite, I’ve seen only a few L&S instate and a lot more OOS on this forum and on reddit. I think there’s more CNR in state and more OOS L&S

So is the general idea that having the glitch means they will accept you off the WL? I’m OOS for L&S and I don’t have the glitch… should I be worried? :confused: