**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@hopefulacademic @kash123

for L and S, I decided to count, and there’s an unusually small number, but a seemingly equal representation for L and S in terms of IS vs OOS. There’s only like 5-6 IS and 6-7 OOS for L and S who had the glitch, and I havent yet counted how many don’t but seemingly many many more. 4 people (IS) Ik irl don’t have it.

Wait where have you guy’s been watching all the chancellor’s live video talking about enrollments and funding? I tried looking it up but can’t find it. Can someone please give me the link?

I’m hoping that considering the patterns from last year as well as how scattered the glitches are among int, IS, and OOS and their respective schools, the glitch doesn’t indicate acceptance.

Decisions aren’t coming today lol

how do u know

@kr99977 I feel like we would have heard by now.

Have the glitch and nothing changed, not even the faqs or 404 error. Probably not coming today.

Decisions have dropped at 3 sharp last few years, looks like it’s not today. That also might mean the glitch wasn’t an indication of acceptance.

Any chance they could come out at 3:30?

anyone get in? they usually come out at 3

It’ll be at the end of the week for sure. The glitch is like the address glitch all over again.

In-state. Yes glitch. L & S.
No change to portal

I haven’t gotten any update on my portal either. So is the best guess that it will come out on Thursday?

this glitch had us all cheesin for a min. I think as our insider said, decisions will be ou at the end of this week.

fr @53201448 literally had the glitch last week and it went away so hopefully its not that indicative of anything

they’ve mentioned this before but last year’s glitch had no relevancy towards admission, i would think the same for this one

Lmao, we ??? so hard about this glitch and it amounted to nothing.

Yeah, it seems like the glitch had no significance.

I find it kinda crazy how hyper-obsessed we all got over this glitch. I felt like I was grasping at straws. Ultimately, it probably had not much to do with anything.

Alright, I’m gonna get a little preachy here, but I just wanted to put this out there. I understand that we all are super stressed, and you have all probably heard these words before, but I just wanted to reiterate that, regardless of the waitlist’s outcome, we should remember that it is a big achievement to even be placed on the UC Berkeley waitlist to begin with. It might seem a little discouraging, but, at the end of the day, a waitlist means that Berkeley saw SOMETHING in each of us, whether that is a unique and outstanding talent or a dedicated drive that resulted in good grades, test scores, etc. Or both. Rather than thinking of this waitlist as an obstacle, we should think of it as a sign. A sign that we have potential, and we will go on to do good things in life, thanks to our OWN individual achievements, regardless of what one college decides to do based on luck and details in each of our waitlist essays.

Stay motivated, and stay determined, guys. We will all be okay. These waitlist waves will bring over-the-moon excitement to some, and massive disappointment to others. But, the strongest individuals are the ones who are resilient - they keep pursing their dreams, regardless of a tiny hindrance like not getting off a college waitlist.

I know this sounded really optimistic, and honestly, it is. I don’t want to plant any false hope in anyone’s mind. But I feel like some people, especially the ones that are extremely sad from their college rejections/waitlists, need to hear it. It helps me to write this down as well because I’ve had quite a few disappointments this admissions season, and this helped me vent a little bit, in the best way I know how.

Good luck to everyone, and take care of yourselves.

Wow I really needed that. Thank you so much!

@augusata Thank you greatly for this. It’s the small acts of kindness that truly give people hope and reassurance despite any outcome. Considering the circumstances most of us are in as well, thank you again for this! Good luck to all on the waitlist and we are all bound to do great things!