**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

if you all get in to berkeley, would you be paying full cost of attendance? I’m OOS and don’t think I can apply to any more berkeley scholarship, and will probably have to take out federal loans. what about all of you?

just realize there are way more important things in life down the road. This is what i have been telling myself even before i started my college app process.

Anyone else struggling to study for AP Tests given the anxiety and stress we have over the waitlist?

I’ve given up because of senioritis. I might just cancel them all

Can someone explain how to find the uc Berkeley reddit forums? I searched up uc Berkeley on there but can’t find anything about the waitlist this year

so does the faq glitch officially not mean anything? or is it just possible they updated it a few days early?

BOMBSHELL:

FAQ GLITCH JUST DISAPPEARED. It was there for almost exactly 24 hours.

I had the glitch yesterday and I just checked right now that it disappeared.

Mine disappeared too.

@eeee2618 I plan to pay in full and I’m out of state as well. Do you think they might favor OOS applicants due to their unfavorable financial situation as of now? Fingers crossed and best of luck!

@calenthusiast37 Me too, that’s what I was thinking. They need money and lots of OOS will pay fully like you and me! I hope so tbh, and thanks, you too!

do a few AOs go through the waitlists or do the assigned ones from your region go through yours specifically? they have less applications to go through so i assume it’s only a few AOs…

@eeee2618 My parents are planning to pay in full, but fortunately I only have to do at a max 2.5 more years of college, so the overall cost won’t be too bad. And I’m praying that Cal will take a lot of OOS to makeup for its budget deficit.

Weird that the glitch is gone! That’s similar to what happened with the address glitch…I had 4 addresses for about 24 hours and then it went back to normal. I think that these glitches do signify activity in our portals, however, I don’t think the activity is necessary adding a status update. I think that the more likely activity is applications being reviewed. Maybe Berkeley is finishing up reading essays and what not…and glitches such as the address glitch or the FAQ glitch appear when a Berkeley admissions person has viewed your application within the past 24 hours. Does anyone think that this could make sense? It’s just speculation, so I could be wrong!

It could also be when Berkeley downloads something from your portal, maybe??, such as your transcript or your essay??

Not rlly sure

@collegeappacc That would definitely make sense! I wonder how close Berkeley is to completing their review process for all of the waitlist applicants…If they aren’t done, it is very likely that there will be more weird glitches before decisions are released…yikes…more stress

Okay but the fact that this thread already has 64 pages before decisions have been released…hahaha Berkeley should accept all of us based solely on how much time we spend typing up theories about their waitlist admission process this year and analyzing their crazy glitches. Truly shows how dedicated we are lollll

^^^^^this. 100%

imagien if a cal AO was reading thru this thread lolll

@wannabeabear imagine if thats why they randomly had a FAQ link yesterday…

Maybe that’s what they do during breaks in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions