**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

Any chance of a wave coming out today?

If it does it will be out either at 3:00 pm or 3:30 pm PST. Only thing we can do is wait. But I think it will come out tomorrow as in previous years.

@gamingftw453 Thereā€™s a possibility for any of the next couple of days, but if I had to put money on it I would say that the first wave will come out tomorrow based off of the past two years (both came out May 7th)

@goin2college0 Yeah I agree. I would assume that we will have the first wave at 3:00PM PST tomorrow (4/7). I am not sure if my nerves are going to let me make it until then agh!

Hello,

I had a few last questions. Hopefully insiders @jaffa1 and @kevadunn can answer.
Does anyone know if the glitch means admission or rejection? Any further updates on how the in state WL will be used?

How many offers will be made wave 1, as opposed to wave 2, and will the WL truly be over utilized this year?

Please share any insider updates you have @jaffa1

Is the first wave usually the largest wave? Also, do they ever send out rejections for the first waves? If they do, I donā€™t wanna get all excited when I get the email only to open it and be crushed with disappointment.

@phatdoggo Yes i believe the first wave is always the biggest, and rejections only come out at the END of the cycle, I believe close to June.

@harvardptonwlboi I donā€™t have any additional information right nowā€“I still believe that the first wave will be either tomorrow or Friday.

All schools are going deep into their wait listsā€“I just got off the NYU list, and got off the Mich list last week. All signs continue to point to Cal going very deep into their list. My guess is that 100% of OOS/Int get offered, and 50%+ of IS.

@jumpyjump Yea I believe my waitlist essay helped me stand out and I had a good relationship with the admissions representative for my country

Just curious, how many of yā€™all have contacted your admissions counselor?

@jaffa1 Congratulations! When you say 100% of OOS/Intā€™l and 50+% of IS, do you have any predictions/knowledge for the colleges. Like from what I understand previosuly on this thread, people have speculated that L & S would be higher for those who marked FPF and GE.

Do you have any thoughts on this, and any knowledge of why UCLA has been taking many in state WL students before going to OOS.

Please share if the regent has any updates!

there were some people earlier that said their school sent their mid year transcript. how do you know that your school sent your transcript? does it say they did on the portal? i had a mistake on my transcript for the first half of senior year (teacher gave me an F cuz she typed something wrong) that highkey hurt me during RD in March, so iā€™m hoping theyā€™ll just go off of the ones I typed in (the updated, correct grades)

@nkaoetn381 not me. have you? does it increase chances of getting in? iā€™d assume that isnā€™t allowedā€¦

@jumpyjump I donā€™t they take that into consideration

@hopefulacademic iā€™d assume so, considering cal is a large public university and itā€™s a lot harder to sway admissions officers. it seems unethical anyway

@jumpyjump I didnā€™t bc i didnā€™t have any legitimate questions to ask. I was wondering the same thing too. I hope they donā€™t consider it

@jumpyjump yup exactly, and since its a public school i really donā€™t think there is a way to show demonstrated interest and the fact that they donā€™t take any other documents shows that it doesnā€™t really matter

Iā€™m oos L&S and didnā€™t check the fpf or ge box. Iā€™m really hoping this doesnā€™t negatively affect my chances

Did the glitch disappear for most people that had it?

Yeah the glitch is gone