**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

So I was looking back through last year’s thread, and I found something very interesting.

On the morning of the first wave, a user commented that a friend of theirs who had not opted-in to the waitlist received a “formal letter of rejection” via email that same morning. Anybody on here know somebody who didn’t opt-in? Could be quite helpful.

bruh i didn’t opt-in and now im scared ?

@wannabebear - lol why are u scared. shouldn’t u expect that to happen if u didn’t opt into the waitlist?

you didn’t opt in to the waitlist?? @wannabebear

@wannabebear lmao well it looks like you took one for the team. let us know if you get anything

@wannabebear what do you mean you didn’t opt it in? did you not turn in the form and get a email confirmation?

hey guys so the person i was planning to room w/ at ucla just told me she only wants to dorm if i’m 100% going to ucla. and this is a tricky situation b/c i have no idea what will happen for ucb waitlist. if i tell her im waiting to hear from ucb and i dont get into ucb, i will have lost a solid roomie. any advice?

I would advise you to tell her to wait just one day. Hopefully it works out either way!

@collegecueen ya just tell her to wait by like friday night decisions for first wave should be out tmmrw or friday!

nevermind lol! figured it out!!

I think @wannabebear is talking about not opting in to FPF, not the waitlist.

Wait if I didnt opt in to FDF, I have a lower chance of getting off the waitlist?

Back on page 4 or smth someone said that they contacted Berkeley and were told that checking fpf has no affect on your chances of admission.

On page 55 or smth, someone said in past years even if you don’t select fpf, they still may offer it to you when you are admitted off of the waitlist.

Lads are we certain that decisions are being released on the 7th???

Yes. Multiple people have confirmed that checking fpf does not have an affect on your chances.

SORRY shouldve specified, i didn’t opt into FPF

are you applying college of letters and science?

@jaffa1 are we confirmed for tomorrow or could it still be later?

I am prayinggg that the first wave comes out tomorrow instead of Friday!!! I’m losing patience hahaha. It’s going to be awful if all of our anxiety builds up all day tomorrow until 3:00/3:30 just to have nothing happen.

I lost someone really important to me today and that has made me realize there are so many things more important in life than college.