**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@scrambro Thank you so much for sharing that information! Now I will be able to relax a little bit tomorrow instead of stressing about waitlist decisions!

Thank you very much for the crucial information.

This is in-group competition, is, oos/intl.

@yczhou777

What do you mean by in-group competition?

wait so is there not a chance for oos las being released tomorrow? what does the “emails being sent out on friday” mean exactly for oos students?

i think the person means that at least for in state applicants decisions come out on friday. Typically in state applicants always hear first (in the first wave)

@ridewthemob I wish I knew more. My take is that whatever happens, will happen on friday, be it for OOS, IS or Intl. Not sure if it’s L&S, and/or CoE, CoC, CNR or whatever else.

also, does berkeley call or just email? i heard that some schools called you about the decisions!!

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we also have forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen. I pray that I will get accepted into UC Berkeley tomorrow as well as all my fellow waitlisters who have worked really hard the last 3.5 years and truly believe that we can grow stronger at UC Berkeley to make the world a better place!

I still have hope that we will get decisions tomorrow. The only thing we can do is wait and see! Good luck everyone, we got this!

Candidates compete within IS group, OOS group or Intl group.

we got this TRUST

Um so its not coming out today for sure???

We got a call from BU, but I believe, given the higher number of acceptances off the waitlist, that Berkeley sends out and email…

My son got to know he was off waitlist at UW at the portal. He received the email the next day.

I think it may still be today. Admissions officials seem to like to give a later date for things to happen.

i really hope that it’s gonna be released today! good luck to everyone!! anyone else here committed to uiuc while you’re waiting for cal?

@ridewthemob

Yeah, I’m committed to UIUC as well!

@ridewthemob im committed to UIUC too! For engineering

@yczhou777 brings up a good point. @scrambro was told that emails would be sent on Friday, but maybe portals will still be updated today. Many schools don’t send emails immediately when portals are updated. Does anyone know if UCB sent out emails right when portals were updated later year? Or were they sent a day later?