**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

wait when you guys say “emails” does it mean an email telling you you got in? or one saying there’s an update to your portal? also, will they still mail you a physical copy of an acceptance letter (the classic big package letter)?

@hotcheetos33 What do you mean when you say “portals updated”? Are you referring to the FAQ section changing from “Waitlist FAQ’s” to the “How to accept your admission” FAQ? If that is what you are referring to, people over the last 2 years have said that change happens roughly 3 hours before they were notified of admission. 12pm portal change. 3 pm official notification.

also, did anyone find any new glitches in their portals?

@ridewthemob I’m wondering the same thing about emails…
But I am pretty sure that accepted students will still get the big letter! I have gotten off the waitlist at 2 schools and gotten a big letter from 1 of them. I got off the other waitlist recently, so it makes sense that I wouldn’t have the physical letter yet.

It’s also been at 3pm on May 7 for the first wave for the past two years, I don’t see any reason why this would change

@scrambro I was referring to how some schools post admission decisions on the portal before they actually send an email congratulating students on their admissions. Someone on the thread had mentioned that noticed their portal at UW updated with an acceptance letter a full day before the school emailed him to notify him of his admission. I’m not entirely sure if Berkeley will do that, but it’s a small possibility for sure!

For UT Austin, I was accepted about a day before I received an email that there was a status update. I’m pretty sure that our portals will update today

Sorry, I’m slow. I’m just putting this together now.

My contact said only that “EMAILS WILL GO OUT ON FRIDAY”. They said nothing about when portals will update.

Maybe someone has the energy to go back to 2023 and 2022 class threads to see what the time lag was between the portal updates and when they received emails. I know there was some discussion of it. I just can’t remember what was said.

I had the same situation for UW. My portal updated a day before I received the email. When did we receive the email for Berkeley this year? I don’t think we received it a day later.

@rifasanj Yeah I remember that on March 26 when our portals updated with our waitlist decisions, we got an email on the same day saying that we had a status update. Maybe it’s different for waitlist decisions …?

I just tried to check my portal and this popped up:

Fastly error: unknown domain: admissions.berkeley.edu. Please check that this domain has been added to a service.

Details: cache-fty21335-FTY

How are your portals looking guys? Mine hasn’t changed since March 26.

I googled “UCB portal,” which is what I always search when I wanted to check my portal, but now it’s not working when I click on the website. Maybe it’s just my computer.

I think my computer is just messing up, so I wouldn’t worry about the glitch I’m experiencing!

My portal still looks the same.

Regarding emails, the only thing I got from last years discussion on May 7th was that one person commented that they received their email at around 3:20pm, which is 20 mins after peoples’ portals were updated.

I would assume that we see portal changes around 12 PM today

12 pm pst @bowlandbasket ? its already 12pm where i am haha

When you say portals will change at 12pm… what changes are you referring to???

Anything anyone?