**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

@gamingftw453 prolly depends on ur essay lol

Someone from reddit said they got off the waitlist for EECS today???

@gamingftw453 I think they couldnā€™t care less about your 3 Bs. At this stage, (and this goes for everyone) if you are on the WL and have a great interest to go to Berkeley, I believe they have a great interest in accepting you.

@thequaver theyā€™re lying and have been spam posting it.

@cjd114 yeah, i realized, i just called them out in the comments about their fake ā€œacceptanceā€ letter

lol someone really lied about getting accepted, Unless we all got played and it did actually come out lol

I just wanted to chime in yā€™all. So I got off the UCLA waiting list, But still was waiting for a response from UCSD, NYU, and obviously UCBā€™s waiting lists. So Iā€™m not sure how deep into the waitlists theyā€™re really goingā€¦

Congrats on UCLA man!

Thank you! And I hope Iā€™m wrong and they pull everyone off. But still wanted to put that out there since some of yā€™all really deep into this. Either way, UC acceptances this year have been weird.

UCSD is actually releasing waitlist decision by majors iā€™m pretty sure. Every single person I know that was on a UC waitlist has gotten off. I really donā€™t want to be optimistic, but i do think berkeley is probably the uc hit the hardest by the pandemic (lots of international students) and all the ucs released before, so lots of berkeley students committed elsewhere. It seems like it would make sense to be good news??? at least we can all hope right?

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll get off the UCLA waitlist:(

But itā€™s ok. Iā€™m hoping for UCB tomorrow!

Just to point it out there: So Iā€™ve been kinda snooping around the UCB admitted students Facebook group and I noticed that the # of members keeps going down. Basically, yesterday there were 3,787 members and now (I just checked) there are only 3,781 members. MEANWHILE, the UCLA group already has 5,765 members.

It doesnā€™t really mean much but it gives us a very rough idea of how many students have SIRed to Cal. And, comparing it to UCLA, itā€™s pretty low ngl.

Iā€™m basically clinging to this, my okay-ish Fall grades, and essay to hopefully get in! Cal (like a lot of people on here) is my dream school yaā€™llā€¦I wish they could just accept all of us.

Well I guess Iā€™m going to have an uneasy sleep today :frowning: Good luck guys!!!

I have a rough guess that Cal in a way tries to separate their admitted students from those of UCLA.

what does this mean?

I think he be saying that most students who are accepted off the UCLA waitlist will attend UCLA and drop their Berkeley Waitlist opt in. If Berkeley waits, they are able to eliminate such students who they know will not enroll if accepted off the waitlist and this gives more chances for us who truly wants to attend UC Berkeley.

Hope we all can receive good news today or tomorrow

Only quarter past midnight for me in Hawaii but thereā€™s no way Iā€™ll be able to sleep tonight. T-12 hours

UCB has two FB groups. One has as you mentioned like around 3.8k members but the other one has 4.9k members. Most of the people obviously are in both groups but we donā€™t know with certainty. There can easily be around the same number of people as UCLA

UCLA has also two groupsā€¦ I thought UCB had only one