**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

And that 2nd group has been dwindling in size as well. Last week, it had around 5.2k or 5.3k members.

On a different note, looks like Cal is definitely going with hybrid classes for the fall. I’m not sure how they’ll determine which classes will be in person and which online. I guess labs would have to be in person. Having said, I read an article in which a Cal International student said he would not return for the fall if classes were not held in person, as he didn’t want to pay full tuition for online classes. I’m sure this sentiment is fairly widespread and will impact enrollment for not only the incoming freshman class but also the campus as a whole. That should be a good news for all of us on the waitlist.

yea hopefully most of us get in

@kash123 I think that will be the case. It’s not just the Coronavirus though that’s going to have an impact. For international students, particularly those from China who are the majority at Cal, in addition to consulates being closed, which puts getting visas on time in a limbo, Trump administration is now targeting their ability to remain in the US under the OPT program. I think unless Biden gets into the WH in the fall, studying in the US will become less attractive for many internationals unfortunately.

T-8 hours guys!!! we’re almost there!

has anyone found any new glitches?

Last year it was 11am when people started to see some changes with their portals. Reading the old posts, it was pretty definitive: If your FAQ box changed or disappeared, then 4 hours later you got in. If nothing changed, then you received no offer (that day). There didn’t seem to be any “trickling in” of portal changes. It all happened at once.

I don’t know if it will work the same this year, but if it is the same as last year, you should know in about 3 hours from now. take a look:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-berkeley/2134131-ucb-class-of-2023-freshman-waitlist-discussion-stats-p17.html

so no glitch means that you didnt get an acceptance offer that day?

@ridewthemob that is correct.

ahhhhhhhh im scared now :frowning:

Does anyone have any glitches?

@WaitlistBoy cross your fingers and check back in three hours.

I don’t want to get my hopes up because I’m so used to being let down. Whatever happens, it’s been a pleasure simping with you fine people.

Does anyone have the glitch? I don’t

are we certain there’s gonna be a glitch this year?

My portal hasn’t changed…but I wouldn’t get worried yet because if the glitch does happen again this year, it most likely won’t happen for another hour or two. And it’s possible that it won’t happen at all. I guess we will find out soon.

I don’t have a glitch either

Question: Almost all other schools i applied to said they will be capping number of students in a dorm room at 2 people, and I heard berkeley saying they will also be decreasing their dorm population by a lot. Do you think they would try to favor the students in the bay area/that live nearby, because they could live at home?

@nervoussenior111 hopefully. I was thinking about this too. I really do hope it’s actually true.

@nervoussenior111 At this point, they’ve made it clear that tuition is going to remain the same even if classes are held online. In light of that, they’ll try to maximize on the number of OOS and internationals still because those students will bring in more $$. No one knows how many of those students will commit though given the situation. We are assuming they will commit in smaller numbers, and hence, more IS students will be admitted as well.

I think the way they might deal with the housing issue is to give housing priority to freshmen, and then deal with other students.