**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

i hope ucb has multiple consecutive waves, and i think they will bc it seems like they didn’t pull that many people off of the waitlist

I got in!! OOS CoE, Civil engineering!

Wait why do i have an option to start on-campus in January? It says I could enroll in a community college until then

mostly all the IN states got in

@ryaknc Did you just check portal or get an email? Congrats

Is there anyone who had the glitch earlier this week and didnt get it today?

Is there realistically gonna be anymore instate waves?

@fakesnek That’s very interesting…can you copy and paste what it says???

@jkolam In last year‘s waitlist, the first wave was mainly in-state with a few OOS and like 1/2 internationals. This year is the same. But over 8 internationals. Last year, the next wave only had in states and oos. No internationals as far as I recall. And ucb probably won’t have more than two waves.

So the general consensus is that this was a majority in state wave? Im hoping for all my fellow OOS peeps

IS L&S no glitch no acceptance

Final Tally

We have:
40 people instate
9 people international
9 people oos

tally by college:
31 L&S
6CnR
2CoE
1CoC

Looks like this wave was primarily instate L&S. Last few years this was also the case. Furthermore, there was usually a second wave with more OOS people as well, sometime around the 16th. And so we wait.

Got in. Had the two faq glitch earlier this week and the glitch today. In my waitlist opt in form, I said I was interested in the global edge and a condition of my admission is I have to select either FPF or Global edge

@WaitlistBoy
"Request to start on-campus in January
Filing a request to start on-campus in January is strictly considered a request. We are approving VERY FEW students to join us at that time.

If approved, the fall term can be used as a time for you to explore and prepare for the transition to college. You can use the time to enroll in a community college (with approval from the UC Berkeley Admissions office), work a temporary job, intern or volunteer to explore different fields and careers, or travel/explore before starting at Berkeley. Once January 2021 comes around, you will start at Berkeley with the same status and privileges of all undergraduates and will have access to traditional courses, housing priorities, and student activities.
If not approved, you will be directed to select your other eligible program option, or need to consider a withdrawal.
If you are approved for January start, please note you will not be eligible for any Summer programs. "

However, in my official letter, it says I was admitted for the fall semester.

D OOS, EECS, nothing burger

@MathBoy20 In State CoC that got in here. Be sure to count me in the tally!

@MathBoy20 I count 2 coe

Is it actually over for in state?

Accepted CNR IS! Good luck to all of you! You can do it!

Did anyone get the glitch but not recieve a letter?