**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

I don’t want to be pessimistic but I am pessimistic lol. So was all our speculation about the need for OOS students wrong?

was the speculation for in state students also wrong :frowning:

@heypiggy i’m gonna be optimistic and say that I don’t think its over yet, this seems really small and there’s higher OOS and International than last year. Maybe they will have another wave at 3 today, but who knows.

I still don’t think so, but we’ll see. I’m also saying this because I’m oos myself haha

Does anyone else have the option to start in January? I only got that and FPF.

@fakesnek I think they gave you the option to start as a spring admit.

is it kinda weird that they released decision so early though?

just got decision… accepted

I asked my son and he just said his friend liked that school better. We’re in NorCal so I’m guessing going down to SoCal played a role as well. Good luck on your decision.

based on what I’ve seen, this wave was both smaller and earlier than last year. Furthermore, it was instate focused. I have a feeling we will see at least 1 more wave, probably next week, and there should be more OOS people.

:’( international here no update…when do u guys think the second wave will come out

@rg081602 are u in state or out of state, did you have the glitch earlier this week, and what college?

wait if the traditional isnt a option anymore does that mean they’re only taking 700 people off the waitlist

As an in-state I am trying to remain optimistic that there will still be more in-state acceptances. I think based on the May 14 deadline for this wave the next wave can be expected next Friday the 15th

From what I see there are approximately 700-750 spots left in FPF and GEL combined. I don’t know what Berkeley’s waitlist yield is usually like, but probably that means about 1200-1500 total acceptances from waitlist+appeals is my guess

How’s Global Edge going to work with the COVID-19 epidemic?

was everyone that was just accepted have a glitch earlier today?

Yeah I think everyone accepted had the glitch

the tally of students follows the 70-30 IS/OOS rule that berkeley has to follow, so I don’t think this is necessarily good or bad for IS/OOS. in previous years they separated waves by IS/OOS, this year they clearly haven’t done that, or else the ratio wouldn’t be close to the campuswide percentages.

imo it looks more like they separated by college instead, L&S is more than 80% of the admits. second wave will probably be more coe, cnr, and coc to complete those classes

Did people who were accepted check email or go to portal?