**ucb waitlist discussion for class of 2024**

Rip is there still a chance for the IS L&S people?

Do you have a rough figure of the number of students to be admitted in L&S?

@dreamlantern I didn’t receive any glitches, when I would check my portal everything was normal ?

just got in! when i first applied, i didn’t think i had a shot of getting into UCB but great things happen when you wait.
GPA- 4.3/3.76
SAT- 1350
L&S
a good amount of ec / community service work & some awards from sports
instate

@Cupcakes833 I believe so but i’m gonna keep my expectations low, I still have hope but I know it’s just gonna get crushed

@jaffa1 any more info/ any reason to still continue hoping for in state L and S students?

@hopefulacademic same here

Did anyone who got off today get traditional pathway for L&S?

Considering that so less people got in. Do you all think the waitlist-admit percentage is going to be less than last year?

Out of state! Happy to say I got in. College of natural resources!!! I’m so happy!!!

@purplebinders Did you send the mail? And if yes, to what email id? I was thinking of sending one but I figured they don’t prefer mails on the admissions@berkeley.edu. Can you help me out here?

Just got in L&S OOS! FPF or Global Edge (I guess traditional is full?)
3.7 UW 1560 SAT 35 ACT

Why do we think the wave was small?

when people are saying “just got in” do they literally mean a few seconds ago or at like 1:40 ish? because i’m hoping decisions are rolling today and that more will come out later

Hey congrats to everyone who got in!!! For those of you who just got in, did portal just suddenly changed for you guys? Or was there already glitch earlier on today

SO is this over for OOS L&S

oos students if you are looking for hope I might have some. For both intl and is applicants, more people from this thread were accepted than there were that received no update (based on Mathboy20’s tallies and liked comments). However, for oos, the amount of oos students that did NOT receive an update more than doubled the amount of oos students that did get in. This does not prove anything as this thread is a small sample size compared to the thousands of people on the waitlist, not to mention we do not know how many spots cal has for oos given their policy on the number of oos students they can accept. I do believe though that if cal is going to admit over half of the intl students from the waitlist(according to our sample size) than they should also be doing the same for oos. That is my take, tell me what you guys think!

yea for those that are saying “just got in” do u guys literally mean that or did it come out like a while ago hen everyone else got theirs. if so then decisions are rolling

Yeah I was wondering the same thing

The numbers from this thread:
In-State: 40 yes, 19 no
Out-Of-State: 11 yes, 24 no
International: 9 yes, 8 no

I said just got in but meant and hour or so ago lol