UCD Admissions come here :D

<p>There a few opinions that I would like to ask you for. I’m not applying to UC Davis but I know that you can still give me advice on general UC information. (I’m applying to UCR, UCM, and UCSC)</p>

<p>I am technically ineligible with a 2.375 UC GPA. My circumstance is that I received a 1.0 GPA my sophomore year but received a 3.3 my junior year. My philosophy is that I DID get a 3.3 in my latest transcript and perhaps shows significant improvement. I’m also taking 3 AP’s my senior year (my first at all) and I can say that I’m doing fairly well in them.</p>

<p>My SAT’s are relatively competent. My SAT reasoning is 1930 overall and subject tests taking in December which I’m expecting about 650 on both. My first question is: Will the UC’s I’m applying to likely do an augmented review where they ask for my senior year grades? Or am I basically hopeless?</p>

<p>My second question is transferring from a CSU to a UC. I heard its very difficult, but exactly on what level? I really don’t know any specifics about this question because I haven’t heard very much of it. </p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Don't enroll in a CSU and expect to transfer successfully to a UC (top-tier, at least) ...</p>

<p>Community college applicants are there #1 priority over all other transfer students...</p>

<p>It's been drilled in my head after having gone to several 4-year college presentations lol and my parents are aware of this fact as well. </p>

<p>Gl.</p>

<p>Dude...try to get eligibility through testing. Sign up for the ACT next month and take your subjects. If you can do that you will probably get into UCR or UCM or UCSC as those are very non selective UCs...</p>

<p>easier said than done shiomi lol</p>

<p>Well, I'm confident you can do it. The qualification through testing probably doesn't require a 2200+ and 800s on SATs...I think it was something like both subjects above 700 and SATs around 2000, which you already have. Try the ACT next month - the deadline is the 7th.</p>

<p>you're confident i can do it? i don't even know you lol!</p>

<p>besides, i already took it my third this past november and theres no way i got a 2100.</p>

<p>bumppppppppppppp</p>

<p>The UC's are pretty strict on the 3.0 minimum GPA so the only way for eligibility is through examination alone.Or if you apply and get denied, you can try admission through "exception", but that's pretty much your options.</p>

<p>Believe me though I feel your pain. Although I have a 3.53 GPA, 1980 on the SAT,I might not even be eligible because I need at least 3 years of Math.I'm hoping I pass AP Stats senior year(its looking good so far), but I failed precalc junior year, and I only have Algebra II and Geometry.</p>

<p>Jslee, you are fine. UC's only require you to have Algebra 2. As long as you have passed Algebra 2, you are eligible. Silly.</p>

<p>I don't know...a lot of people on this same board were saying I wasn't eligible soooo yeah.I've been getting different responses.</p>

<p>You could try going back to teachers you've had before and try getting your grade changed if some of your grades were close to the next grade...I went back to my AP art history teacher to ask if she would consider changing my 87 to A and I went through a whole list of reasons why, and she was really cool with it and went back and changed it for me...so now I have a 3.53 instead of a 3.44.Little stuff like that helps.</p>

<p>what were your reasons...?</p>

<p>Well I had her before for other classes, so we weren't strangers to each other.</p>

<p>Couple Reasons:</p>

<p>1) I always participated in class
2) I did all the extra credit assignments
3) I never had late work
4) Never late or absent from her class
5) I took the AP exam and passed it.</p>

<p>I basically told her I really needed the A for the GPA.I pretty much groveled for it, but that's what you need to be willing to do if you want the increase in GPA.</p>

<p>hold on, if you got a 1.0 sophomore year, that means you basically got Ds or Fs in classes? Did you make those up? If you made those up, then the UCs would take the repeat course's grade.</p>

<p>yeah i made them up. i didn't repeat one D though.</p>