UCD and UCSC

<p>I got into both Santa Cruz and Davis and now am wondering which school to pick between the two. I want to go to one of these schools in hopes of going on after to medical school (or at least for now I think that is what I want to do). I also want to have a great undergraduate college experience and enjoy the school that I attend. Any suggestions by anyone or advice?</p>

<p>I urge you to visit the campuses. Go while classes are in session so you can see what a normal day looks like on campus. Take a campus tour and see if you feel at home when you walk around. Go with your gut feeling; you’ll know the right school when you get there. Best wishes to you and good luck!</p>

<p>I just visited both campuses and honestly love them both! I couldn’t be happier that I got accepted into these two awesome schools. I just want to hear some opinions by some people on why they love these schools and why I should go to one</p>

<p>From a practical perspective, UCD has a medical school and UCSC does not. Generally a medical school ends up taking a larger pool of students from its own undergraduate program, so that’s sort of a “default” medical school you may attend. That’s not to say your chance for medical school is diminished in any way if you attend UCSC, but some students find comfort in that they have a “fall back” medical school.</p>

<p>that’s a great point, i hadn’t even taken that into account really. you know that they definitely accept more people from their own undergraduate school? thanks for the advice!</p>

<p>That is generally the case at most medical schools. I don’t know that for a fact, but it should be a safe assumption.</p>

<p>The other thing you can do is contact the career center of each campus and ask for the medical school admissions rate for its undergrads. Almost all schools keep those stats, so that can help you decide as well.</p>

<p>Oh wow, i’m deciding between both schools too (except i got waitlisted to Davis). I also want to go to med school, so Davis may be the better choice. You would have closer access to interning or volunteering at the medical center I honestly like Davis a lot. Santa Cruz is nice, it’s like summer camp lol. But, If I get into Davis I will probably go there. </p>

<p>Santa Cruz is split into smaller colleges, so i guess you would get a closer feel. Davis has 4 colleges? So guessing the feeling is more widespread there.</p>