UCD Help Please

<p>I have 2 days to pick between UofA and UCD.
I was taken off of the wait list for UCD but never really looked into it extensively.
I am interested in grad school and my major at UofA is Pre-business into Business Management, but my UCD major is Undecided/Arts/Sciences. I would hope for the Economics major as I am going to be applying for MBA and hopefully work within hotels and hospitality management.</p>

<p>I need advice on UC Davis’ campus, economics major, rigor in comparison to other schools in general, college experience, and any other information! I have not had a chance to visit so that is a downer also.
I am paying OOS for both schools.</p>

<p>Also do you think that SIR at UCD would be a good idea, just to give me more time. Or is there a chance UofA and UCD would both find out/rescind me. The more I look into UCD the better it looks, but still need to get FAFSA/would love to visit back to make final decision, so 100$ for the SIR would be a small price to pay.</p>

<p>Technically its frowned upon, and you most likely will be denied admissions if you SIR to two schools. It isn’t fair to whoever that can be taken off the waitlist. I don’t know the other school but UCD does have a good economics program. I attend UCSB, and the pre-reqs for the econ major is 2.85 vs. a 2.0 required for Davis’s. It won’t be hard to get into UCD’s econ, but I don’t know about staying in.</p>

<p>OOS, Davis will be $10k more a year than U of A. You’re interested in grad school. Saving $40k (or more, if UC OOS fees go up at a faster clip than U of A fees) would be a nice nest egg towards an MBA.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>No, I don’t. If you only have two days, that means you need to give your response by Saturday. Ask Davis if you can have your response in by the end of day on Monday. That will give you the weekend to do some digging into the campus websites and other forums. Post to both the U of A and Davis forums here for more specific feedback.</p>

<p>A friend’s child faced the same decision last year. She decided that she wanted a more classic rah-rah college experience, which is why she chose U of A.</p>