UCD vs. UCSB

<p>I like both schools a lot when I visited and got into both, any suggestions as to how I decide which one to go to???</p>

<p>UCD and UCSB have very different atmospheres...did one make a stronger impression on you when you visited? What do you want to major in?</p>

<p>undeclared, something in humanities or social science maybe w/ premed but not sure. Im in LA and like the idea of SB being so close but Davis atmosphere seemed more appealing...</p>

<p>I had the impression that UCSB has a better humanities program but, at the undergraduate level, there is no ranking and you should go with which school you like better. If you're doing pre-med, Davis might be a better option, especially since you like the campus more.</p>

<p>The schools are equal academics wise, so don't choose your school based off of that, because they're both great.</p>

<p>As for everything else, UCSB is better.</p>

<p>Campus - Do you like looking at Farms/Cows or the Beach?
Location - Santa Barbara is in a class of its own. Davis is horrible.
Weather - Santa Barbara is perfect year round. Davis is pretty good, but SB is definitely better.
Social Life - Isla Vista and State St. provide for an amazing experience.
Athletics - While Davis has a football team, who cares...its D1-AA, and all their other teams sucks. While UCSB always has strong basketball, volleyball, and soccer teams. Mens Soccer Champs!!!
Student Body - SB Girls are way hotter than Davis Girls.</p>

<p>also aside from the above, there's the part about UCSB overtaking UCD.</p>

<p>UCSB has always had higher SATs and a lower accept rate, not only UCD but UCI too! Not just the past few years but since 1997</p>

<p>Basically, UCSB is on the way up. UCD is on the way down.</p>

<p>But if you must go to a school with an agriculture program, than UCD is the school 4 U!!</p>

<p>Everyone's talking about the attractiveness of girls - what about guys??? </p>

<p>(for us girls who are curious, haha) :D</p>

<p>Yeah i'm a girl so doesnt it mean its better for me to go to UCD in those terms haha...</p>