UCD vs UCSB

<p>if too many ucd students/relatives were like the ucd fans here, i'd suggest to walk away from ucd, cuz they're so desperate and sort of a little weired and scared... </p>

<p>however i don't believe all ucd'ers are like the few guys here. so you should take your visit asap to give yourself a little more days to compare and come up with your decision...</p>

<p>
[quote]
if too many ucd students/relatives were like the ucd fans here, i'd suggest to walk away from ucd, cuz they're so desperate and sort of a little weired and scared...</p>

<p>however i don't believe all ucd'ers are like the few guys here. so you should take your visit asap to give yourself a little more days to compare and come up with your decision...

[/quote]

First of all, even if that is your opinion of someone on these message boards, it says nothing about the school.</p>

<p>Secondly, stop posting derogatory comments about UCD in every thread you post in. Even if they didn't accept you, there's no need for that.</p>

<p>I take offense to being "...desperate, and sort of "weired" and scared". What exactly are we scared of? And it's not like it's our job to recruit students. We're doing this pro bono because we love our school. Just because wherever you go doesn't have nearly as much support on CC doesn't give you the right to group all of us UCD students as desperate and weird. I agree some comments have a sense of fanboyism, but if you have common sense, you'll know what facts to absorb and which to ignore.</p>

<p>IMO there is nothing wrong with school pride....it's a good thing.</p>

<p>"It's a forum, I'm allowed to share my opinion."</p>

<p>I see. You're allowed to share your opinion while kimatren is not allowed to on the thread below?
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-general/485091-ucsd-vs-ucd-3.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-general/485091-ucsd-vs-ucd-3.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>What's that word that I'm looking for? Oh, yes, hypocrisy.</p>

<p>"I agree some comments have a sense of fanboyism, but if you have common sense, you'll know what facts to absorb and which to ignore."</p>

<p>So, you agree that some of the comments are overzealous, yet you think it's the fault of the readers to not ignore them? Okay... whatever makes sense to you.</p>

<p>"IMO there is nothing wrong with school pride....it's a good thing."</p>

<p>School pride is nice. Cult-like worship is creepy.</p>

<p>"School pride is nice. Cult-like worship is creepy."</p>

<p>Then I suggest you don't join any cults and lighten up a bit. ;)</p>

<p>I come from a family of 4 Cal grads (your school) and I've never seen bigger fanboys in my life!</p>

<p>"So, you agree that some of the comments are overzealous, yet you think it's the fault of the readers to not ignore them? Okay... whatever makes sense to you."</p>

<p>You bet. We all know about the age old Mac vs Windows comparisons. If the reader is going to agree to someone saying "Get a Mac, it's so much better! Windows blows and is full of virii", then it's the reader's fault for not doing his/her homework. Same example can be used for the X vs Y comments. "Cal is SO much better than LA. You'll die of cancer from the smog before anything else." "UCD is SO much better than UCSD cause everyone knows UCSD is a dead campus". This is the internet. We can say what we want and in return we know what BS is and what isn't.</p>

<p>"Then I suggest you don't join any cults and lighten up a bit.</p>

<p>I come from a family of 4 Cal grads (your school) and I've never seen bigger fanboys in my life!"</p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up. Good thing that cults here are not mandatory unlike Davis (your daughter's school). ;)</p>

<p>"We can say what we want and in return we know what BS is and what isn't."</p>

<p>So, there's a lot of BS on this thread about the schools. And it's completely okay for people to post these BS because the expectation is for the readers to sift through them? Way to be objective and helpful.</p>

<p>"Thanks for the heads up. Good thing that cults here are not mandatory unlike Davis (your daughter's school)."</p>

<p>Hahahahaha... cranky today aren't we? Knowing all the Cal grads I know your comment is so very open to serious debate. ;)</p>

<p>How would you classify my sister who did her undergrad at UCD and then graduated from grad school #1 in her class from Cal? She is a major fanboy of both schools.</p>

<p>"How would you classify my sister who did her undergrad at UCD and then graduated from grad school #1 in her class from Cal? She is a major fanboy of both schools."</p>

<p>I don't know her very well since I've only met her a few times. Rest assured, she's a hottie and aims to please. Good genes.</p>

<p>That's the way the internet works, buddy. I can see that you are ignoring my messages with your cynicism towards my posts. "Yeah, sure, whatever". Thanks for your sarcastic reply.</p>

<p>"I don't know her very well since I've only met her a few times. Rest assured, she's a hottie and aims to please. Good genes."</p>

<p>Now that's creepy.</p>

<p>"Now that's creepy."</p>

<p>Hey hey, that's how the internet works according to your fellow UCD poster, marzxbarz. There's a lot of BS here and you have to sift through them. ;) But really, whew, she's a gem.</p>

<p>"This is the internet. We can say what we want and in return we know what BS is and what isn't."</p>

<p>^^ F'sho =)</p>

<p>Are there mods for this Sub-forum? I think we've beat the topic to death already. ..I hope the OP got the information he wanted.</p>

<p>Freedom of speech is so icky.</p>

<p>Speaking of opinions... Personally, as a grad student at Cal, I don't even think that undergrad here is miles and leagues ahead of the mid-tier UCs (SD/D/I/SB). It's not like you'll get a special bonus or pat on the back because you graduated here.</p>

<p>Update: I just received my acceptance letter from UCI... ..</p>

<p>Looks like I need a new screen name because there is no OR anymore.
And the school I chose is.... drum roll please</p>

<p>UC</p>

<p>DAVIS.!
Thanks to everyone who helped out.</p>

<p>Congratulations! You made a great choice. :)</p>

<p>A new Aggie buddy. =)
Hi there!</p>