UCD vs UCSB

<p>I think curious people here would like to know what had influenced your decision.</p>

<p>horizontal: For one thing there was only like 3 days left to choose so I knew I had to decide now. I was pretty set on Davis until I read some bad reviews which mad me kinda hesitant but with reassurance from CC I just finally settled on it.</p>

<p>Well good to see you made a decision. I also think that going to a school far away from home is an advantage, as you'll be able to explore an area away from home that you might have otherwise not seen. Actually, i think that's a good idea for anyone else who just can't chose between the two schools, pick the one opposite of your location in the state. I'm at UCSB but from the Bay Area, and it's been nice to explore southern California and also learn how to live independent from my parents and relying on myself instead of them as I was growing up in college.</p>

<p>i think davis is a tad better academically than SB but not an amount significant enough to sway a decision...i chose SB but i think it is a biased choice living in sacramento (20 min from davis)..that being said Davis has a nice college town atmosphere as well as being close to SF/bay area. And no matter the davis rep's tell you about venturing to Sac and having fun.....they are lying</p>

<p>My d and her friends have come to Sacramento and had fun on many occasions.
Shopping at the mall and in Old Sacramento
Going to baseball games at Raley field
To see concerts and Kings games at Arco Arena
Eating out downtown
Clubbing downtown
Seeing films at the Imax
Attending a sorority or fraternity function
Having dinner at our house
Going to the state fair
Going water skiing on the Sacramento River
Going rafting on the American River</p>

<p>exactly all of those are things that every major US city has although i will admit rafting the american river is fun...but anyways sacramento has nothing exclusive to it except a bunch of legislators and a nice capital building...if i went to davis i would drive the extra hour and go to SF or anywhere in the bay</p>

<p>That's quite a stretch from your assertion about lying, lol.</p>