UCD with Regents or UCI with honors?

<p>I have been accepted to UC Davis with the regents scholarship and UC Irvine into their honors program, but without regents scholarship. My major at Davis is NPB (neurobiology, physiology, and behavior) and at Irvine its Biological Sciences. For now, I am planning to go to medical school after undergrad.
Davis’s Integrated Studies Honors Program seems very helpful, although I have heard that it can be hard to get to know know people if you are in this program. Irvine’s honors program also seems helpful in that it offers me priority registration. So far I have only spoken to UC Davis students and I’m getting a little biased because of that. I went to the UCI’s honors decision day thing and it seemed nice, but of course a university always puts on their very best face at events like those. Does anyone have any information about UC Irvine or about Davis, like pros and cons about what they have to offer?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Unless you dislike the campus environment, take the Regents and $. Both are similar in competitiveness, but IMO, Davis has a better collegiate campus feel to it. Irvine has a lot of commuters due to the high cost of housing nearby, and becomes mighty quiet on the weekends.</p>

<p>Plus, Regents will give you first dibs on campus perqs, such as research, and study abroad grants.</p>