UCF Admissions Decision 2023

My daughter submitted her application on Nov 2nd for the Summer 2023 term. We check the status daily and it has remained the same, all green check marks. I’ve read that many applicants have received their decision. Does this likely mean she will not be admitted? We contacted the Admissions Office and the answer is always the same, they are still reviewing the materials and a decision will be made prior to May 1st.

No, it does not mean she won’t be admitted. It means they haven’t made a decision yet – nothing more, nothing less.

This time of year is nerve-wracking for many students in your daughter’s position.

What’s going on is that many students with great numbers consider UCF their preferred backup for UF or FSU. Many of them have already been accepted by UCF, but UF and FSU don’t start accepting until late February. I believe UF’s acceptances come the last Friday in February, and the last Friday in March. Both schools are done by the end of March, although students have a short period to accept or decline.

When FSU/UF send acceptances, many of those student tell UCF “no thanks” and that opens up spots for waiting applicants.

So we should see a spurt of UCF acceptances in the next couple of weeks, and then another in early-mid April.

2 Likes

FSU accepted in state early applications on December 15 and all others February 15. There are a few that are deferred, but not many. UF decisions come out today.

1 Like

Thanks for the more accurate info on FSU. For UF, today is the first batch. The final batch is the last Friday in March according to their admissions website.

For people waiting, there is a period of time where both FSU and UF acceptances remain valid. I believe it’s 30 days, but I’m not sure.

I think that’s why UCF says all their decisions will be out by May 1 – UF’s late March + 30 days acceptance period.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Yes, UF can release decisions later, but the vast majority will be today.

There isn’t a 30 day expiration or anything like that. May 1 is decision day for all schools.

1 Like

Thanks again. It’s been 3 years since I’ve ground through all this!

Thank you for responses. I will keep my fingers crossed.