1 Like

congrats!

1 Like

Accepted for Fall 2023 - instate, but attend OOS boarding school

32 ACT superscored
3.95 GPA
High school has no AP’s or dual enrollment

3 Likes

Updating to report that he was accepted to the Honors College, and that sealed the deal. He officially committed to UCF this weekend!

Accepted fall 2023 - in state
35 ACT
4.44 weighted GPA, 3.94 unweighted
18th% class rank
6 AP, 3 DE

4 Likes

How long did it take to hear back from UCF after application was complete
Update
Daughter got acceptance tonight
Applied 9/23
Summer acceptance - in state

2 Likes

I think it was about two weeks for my son, but he applied in early August, so maybe they weren’t as busy yet.

DS submitted everything but the SPARK form in mid-September. On the SPARK form, he added his 9th grade school as a high school in addition to his current school, but the form said not to do that and we could not see a way to take it off. He sent an email, they replied 3 weeks later asking a clarifying question and said it would be another 2-4 weeks for a reply.

Eventually, his college counselor called up the admissions office. They fixed the SPARK form that same day, he finished the SPARK form that evening and he was admitted the next day. The SPARK form is very confusing - I have been in academia for decades and I had a hard time figuring out how they wanted it filled in. I suppose it’s pretty straight forward if you are a Florida student who has stayed in the same high school for 9-12, but ds had 2 high schools, one was semester and full year courses, the other has had a mixture of quarters, semesters and full year courses, due to covid. They want each type of course input a different way.

Son submitted oct 5 and was admitted on oct 10, in state.

1 Like

Son applied for engineering OOS and was accepted 9/2/22. GPA 3.9 UW (4.4 UCF recalculated GPA), HS does not rank, 1450 SAT (750M, 700V), 7 APs, 3 DCs. Not eligible for financial aid. Any idea when/if/what we should expect in terms of merit scholarships?

1 Like

Accepted for Fall 2023 In-State:

34 ACT
1380 SAT
4.4 W 3.8 UW
11 APs by graduation
Major: Biomedical Sciences

3 Likes

Have you heard yet about merit? Have you checked the portal?

1 Like

Nothing about merit yet.

2 Likes

@1intwo2go As far as I know, he did not hear about merit yet, but he hasn’t checked the portal for awhile. We visited last month and he has since decided UCF is not the right fit. Thank you for all of the info you’ve provided on this board, it’s been so helpful!

1 Like

I heard merit has started to show up in some student portals. So between now and the next couple weeks, you should see something.

Son received Pegasus Silver yesterday, he also has bright future 100%.

Congratulations, although I know it is not his first choice any more. I hope he succeeds wherever he chooses. UCF is a great fit for S21, but absolutely understand, because it would probably not be a good fit for S23.

2 Likes