UCF Class of 2027 Decisions

Really hard for me, we have a big part of our family with in 20 minutes from UCF. Two other family members graduated from UCF and love it, he has scholarship, bright futures and Florida prepaid, he would come out of college with 0 debt. Praying he makes the right decision.

2 Likes

It sounds like he has been to UCF already, but did he do a Knight for a Day? That open house sold us. UCF was on our No Thanks list and I think we went just to be able to compare other schools better and know what to look for. We sat in on the program information sessions instead of doing the campus tour.

1 Like

No he only did Duke, UF and the University of Miami for Mom and Dad only 30 minutes from home. He is been to UCF many time but never did Knight for a Day, Hoping the run it in January. Thank you

Then maybe that will help sway him. It’s the last open house. We did the sessions on the major, LEADS, Excel, Honors, and something else instead of the walking and dorm tour; we did those another time later. The sessions opened our eyes to what UCF had to offer and really allowed the kids to picture themselves there. It probably helped we went with zero expectations so it was all a pleasant surprise.
Did he apply for Honors? I liked that it goes across all majors and wasn’t just LA focused. Lots of Stem majors.

2 Likes

No, he is going to apply to honor after the Duke decisions come out in 2 weeks.
Advantage IMO UCF will take his AA.

It was the Honors presentations (virtual unfortunately) that sold our son. There are so many upper level honors courses available that are not part of honors programs at other schools. He has already taken a few engineering honors courses and when registering you can see there are honors available for almost every course.

2 Likes

They have Knight for a Day on January 21. UCF Knight for a Day

1 Like

You have one that goes there now? Any words of advice?

1 Like

Apply for housing as soon as it opens! As I research for S23, this is not unique to UCF, but is important to know.
Make sure you check the portal for merit.
Any questions, ask away and I will try to answer.

2 Likes

Did it the first day :slight_smile:

Okay, I’ll think of questions. Thanks. Mine will be IT and Honors. Yours in Engineering? Or did I mix that up with someone else?

1 Like

@1intwo2go My son received a scholarship notification letter in the mail yesterday, Knights Achievement non-resident tuition waiver worth $42,000 ($5250 per semester for eight semesters). I am not exactly sure what ‘non-resident tuition waiver’ means because the difference between OOS and Florida resident tuition is more than $42,000 over four years.

After having 2 apply to multiple FL schools we have learned the waiver isn’t a true waiver. It will still cost more than if you lived in state. For us it is way cheaper than our state’s in-state tuition. Expect 17-21k (dependent on housing) per year, unless you qualify for more aid. Please keep in mind this does not include food. UCF does not require a meal plan and many students do not have one.
Congratulations!

I don’t see anything that says that Knights Achievement reduces the cost to instate tuition.
Knights Achievement | UCF Office of Student Financial Assistance.

Did any OOS NMSF hear about/receive scholarships yet? My DC was accepted in early December but has not heard anything yet.

I’ve heard it from many parents that UCF does not award scholarships upfront (before NMF) to NMSF. They wait.

I know of a few NMSF who already received merit awards from UCF.

1 Like

Thank you. Is the NMSF scholarship different from the NMF (full ride) scholarship? As DC applied so late (early Dec), makes me wonder if its too late for NMSF related scholarships.

Really? Instate or out of state? We know tons of NMSF and no one has received anything yet.

Just as a data point, my NMSF son was accepted to UCF in early October and still has no scholarship offer in the portal.

There isn’t an NMSF scholarship at UCF per se. All that NMSFs are offered, according to UCF’s National Merit brochure, are an “expedited admission decision” and “priority consideration for merit scholarships”.

1 Like

I’ve heard that UCF waits until NMF are announced in February since almost all NMSF get NMF. Then they do their offers. Out of about 15 or more people I know, no NMSF has gotten a scholarship offer. And previous parents have had the same. They wait.

That’s why I was curious about the earlier post.

1 Like