UChicago 2027 RD Waitlist

Please kindly share any movement for UChicago 2027 RD Waitlist, it is noted there is no thread created for 2027 waitlist.

has anyone been taken off yet? or are they waiting until post 5/1?

See the regular Chicago 2027 thread& reddit: the WL has been moving already, starting a couple weeks back.

2 Likes

when do you think the majority of applicants will receive notice?

UChicago utilizes their waitlist earlier than most universities. They have already completed most of their waitlist offers. They call on the phone, they don’t email.

1 Like

are you sure that the majority of their offers are completed? will they accept anyone off after 5/1?

How do u know they’ve given most of their wl offers?

hey guys! Do you guys know when the next batch of WL offers r gonna pull thru?

Is it true?

There may be more waitlist offers in the near future, perhaps even on or near May 1st. But like I said, UChicago utilizes their waitlist sooner than most universities and the number of remaining/upcoming waitlist offers will be less than almost any other T20 university.

A few days to one week after Ivy day, they start calling their top waitlist choices. They feel them out and verbally offer those who do not sound like they have been accepted to and already decided to attend universities like Harvard, Princeton, Yale etc … That was several weeks ago.

Keep in mind that most T50 universities use ED for 25-55% of their matriculations, and most universities have yields of 20-60%, so those universities have to wait until May 1st to know how many potential spots they may still have available because it may be a significant number.

UChicago has an incredibly high yield of roughly 80-83% and they utilize ED to fill the majority of their class. Therefore they are far less reliant on waiting until May 1st to know how many spots they may still have available because they are not waiting on very many applicants to accept or decline … the vast majority have already accepted through EDI, EDII and some EA and RD in these first few weeks in April. Harvard and perhaps MIT are similarly positioned, albeit for different reasons.

1 Like

It seems that there are no movement for the waitlist, good luck to everyone!

There are some movements. Some on Reddit reported that he/she received an email from
Regional AO today to schedule a phone call. It is usually an indication that the person will get in from the waitlist.

3 Likes

The person on Reddit reported that he got an offer during the phone call and given 24 hours to accept.

1 Like

was offered admission to co2028 yesterday by phone. AO said co2027 is now full.

Thank you adx590. For the co2028 offer, are you required to take a gap year (i.e. not enroll at any colleges) or you can enroll at another college and then transfer?

Also, could you let us know which region you are at? Are you international?

If you’re comfortable with sharing, are you full pay?

Gap year, not transfer. California.

2 years ago CC has a record stating that there is no more 2025 class by AO around Apr end, but someone got off 2025 on May 4, 2021. So I assume there is little or no chance for 2027 for majority of waitlist applicants but who knows, there can be a lucky guy?

Anyway, my kid is now depositing another college, and moving on… Good luck to everybody!

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten off the RD waitlist yet?

1 Like

This is not true at all - I spoke to an AO today who said the class of 2027’s waitlist is not closed yet…

3 Likes