UChicago Early Decision / Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

University of Chicago offers both Early Decision and Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Decision (ED) deadline for Fall 2022 admission is November 2.

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision on December 17.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at UChicago is November 2.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision on December 17. For more information visit the University of Chicago page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other UChicago applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to University of Chicago? Why UChicago? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other UChicago topics visit the university-of-chicago tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about UChicago Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

1 Like

Anyone knows when EA/ED decisions might be released this year?

1 Like

It usually come out around December 15th

1 Like

Thank you.

Have anyone gotten updated portal such as quarter grade or anything else?

1 Like

My D22 told me she logged in to her portal “just to take a look” and now no longer sees the checklist at the bottom of the page. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Anyone else seeing this?

yes. same here.

Do you know what time of the day on Dec 15? Otherwise I will be clicking non stop…

same my material checklist has gone as well…and I’m so nervous literally searching for UChicago decision release date 1000 times a day…

Typically around or a little after 4 pm Central Time. Plan to do your non-stop clicking between 4 and 5. Have they announced Dec 15 as the release date? They tend to announce a specific date and it can differ by a few days from year to year.

2 Likes

Yes, they announced Dec 15. OK, will start clicking by 3pm (can’t wait till 4!!!) :).
Thank you so much!

Nice!
Where’s the announcement though? Don’t see anything in the portal or on their Twitter feed.

Yes, as far as I have seen, there has been no announcement concerning a release date other than that it is coming “mid-December.”

Where did they announce December 15th?

I don’t think they have. And last year it was Dec. 21st.

I cannot find the link I went to yesterday and saw Dec 15 (even though I looked in my search history)… It says in here - in this College Confidential page where we are in (scroll up to see)…
I swear I saw it in at least 2 places but can’t trace it anymore.
Sorry, everyone!

One website that states 17th for this year is Class of 2026 Early Decision and Early Action Notification Dates - College Kickstart. not sure how reliable this source is tho.

3 Likes

My account still has the checklist on it…

I forget what my portal used to look like now that you mention this :sob: I have a message saying they’ve processed all my application materials and then below is my financial aid checklist?