UCI Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Before committing, I would contact the Engineering department and ask 2 questions:

1. If the student meets the change of major requirements for ME, does that guarantee acceptance into the major.

2. Will he be able to get the required courses needed to change into the ME major as a Non-Engineering major currently.

Requirements for ME Change of Major::

Cumulative UC GPA: 2.70 GPA
Course grades: *Minimum 3.0 overall GPA in all courses required for the major with no grade below a ‘C’

• A maximum of 6 units of repeats in courses required for the major
  • Completion of the following courses:
    ENGRMAE 10, Math 2A-B-D, Physics 7C-D, Physics 7LC-LD, Chem 1A, Chem 1LE

Congratulations and best of luck.

1 Like

Great - thank you. This is very helpful!

I’m confused on the housing application. I clicked on “Apply for Housing” and it prompted me to the Housing Portal where it said to fill out the application. There were only a few questions that didn’t specify things like preferred housing or meal plan. I just paid the $20 fee and it says my application is complete. What are my next steps?

1 Like

Same here. I think they will send you offer to choose which one you want in next 30 days

1 Like

Any movement today on UCI waitlist?

1 Like

haven’t heard anything yet hopefully we’ll start to see some movement later this week

2 Likes

No word on UCI waitlist, but Case Western Reserve closed their’s today.

Is there a possibility waitlists might come out today? Or did anyone hear back today?

Nothing yet, had hoped so. Maybe next week?

Still hoping to get into Irvine…but if UCI has not pulled anyone off the waitlist in the past few weeks, does this mean that they met their target number of student enrollment?

My friend got pulled off Irvine an hour ago

1 Like

Just got into UCI for Biomedical Engineering. Out of state.

1 Like

Congrats! Were they in-state or oos?

Instate

did you get an email and/or update in your portal?

My friend said he just got an email

Any movement for UCI?

My son has heard nothing thus far. I check this blog every day!

Is UCI full? No movement for a while

Any news on appeal?

1 Like