UCI in the UC Application didn't show Biology as a choice for major (incoming freshman)

Did anyone else have this problem? I applied with Chemistry major, only since biology wasn’t on the list of choices. Will I be allowed to switch into biology (assuming I’m accepted)?

Are you sure Biological Sciences was not listed as major?

I applied for biological sciences, is there a difference? (wanted human biology but that wasn’t an option either haha)

@Avancer: You apply as a Biological Sciences major and take several required courses for the Biology major. You can then take specific courses for the specialty majors such as Human Biology but all are under the General major of Biological sciences.

@HSSeniorBiol: Below is what you need to do to change majors if accepted. Did you select an alternate major besides Chemistry?

Biological Sciences:::

Students must meet BOTH requirements:

2.00 GPA
A quarterly GPA of 2.00 in the quarter immediately preceding the change of major.

Students must meet ALL of the following requirements:

Completion of Chem 1A-B-C and 1LC OR Chem H2A-B-C and H2LA-LB-LC with an average GPA of 2.00
Completion of two additional science/math courses required for the major with an average GPA of 2.00
An average 2.00 GPA in any additional required science course sequence completed for the major (i.e., the separate GPAs for biology, general chemistry, and organic chemistry required course sequences must each average a 2.00 GPA or above)

Thank you, Gumbymom! I did select an alternate major, but once again, biology wasn’t one of the options for an alternate major.

But I’m fairly certain I’ll get all As and B’s 9in those courses you listed), and I would probably be taking those chem. courses anyhow, for pre-med. and biology major. So, as long as I’ll be able to switch … such as in time for junior year … and your response is reassuring that I’d probably be allowed to switch to Bio. major.

When I applied, Biological Sciences just wasn’t on the list (neither Biology nor Biological Sciences) … as i would’ve chosen either one. Searched the entire ‘B’ section looking for any type of Biology or Biological-type of major. But I see that Avancer did apply Biol.!! So now I’m wondering if it’s possible a major “fills up” during the month of October when so many of us applied, and possibly UCI could’ve taken it off the list of choices due, for example, to such a high volume of applicants who had already selected Biological Science (?) I’m just guessing … I even got a second person to search over the list of choices (for anything Bio.), before selecting chemistry as the closest alternative. But that’s okay (with me) since Gumbymom explained how I’ll be able to switch from Chemistry on down the line …

So now I know, I was NOT the only one (found s.one on a diff. thread who had same problem with his UCI appl. and chose some physical sciences since biological sciences wasn’t a listed option).

That’s weird. I applied in November for UCI and the Biology option was there. I chose that as my major.