UCI Informatics Major

Hi, I’m in my community college looking to transfer for fall 2021 and I was wondering if it is really hard to transfer to UCI for informatics, and if anyone has done it? There is also a chance that I may only have 3/5 of the major prep classes. Obviously it would be best for me to complete everything but not sure if I can get through one of my programming classes.

This link shows the UC transfer GPA admit range by campus and major:

https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/transfers-major

Depending upon how competitive Informatics is as a transfer and your GPA, the more required classes completed the better.

My daughter is going to be sophomore at UCI majoring at Urban Studies and plans to double major w Informatics. What are the chances since this is an impacted major?

Double majoring is something she needs to talk to an academic advisor about and determine if it is possible. Since admitted majors for Informatics get priority in the required degree classes, this will probably the most difficult part in declaring the major. Based on the change of major criteria, there are only 3 courses required to declare the Informatics major. The advisor and department could give her an idea if a double major is feasible. Usually a minor is an easier path.