UCI Nursing: Fall 2015

Hello everyone! :slight_smile: Just found out about my acceptance to UCI’s Nursing Science major yesterday.

Haven’t seen a thread for this so I decided to start one. Did anyone else get accepted? Does anyone have anything to share about UCI as a whole or specifically its nursing program? I know a few things about it, but I’d love to hear from other accepted students/alumni!

Anyone, feel free to comment!

Any UCI Class of 2019 nursing majors out there? :slight_smile:

@santagirl ahhhh congratulations! I envy you so much right now-- do you mind posting your stats? I applied to UCI Nursing but I havent’ heard anything back from them yet and it’s making me so nervous… D:

Honestly, I don’t think my stats were very great at all. 1730 SAT and 4.1 GPA. I didn’t have any hospital-related ECs either. Never expected to get in, but I’m beyonddd excited! I think my strengths must to have been in my essays.

I hope you hear soon!!! :slight_smile:

@jenaylay

@santagirl awww I’m so sad. I applied under nursing for UCI too and they didn’t deny or admit me yet. My stats are way lower than yours so I don’t think i’ll be able to get in :frowning: congrats though!!!

hope you hear soon! keep your head up :slight_smile:

@santagirl I got waitlisted for nursing ;-; I’m thankful I wasn’t rejected but I’m extremeley confused because on their website they explicitly state that they don’t have a waiting list for nursing.

@jenaylay‌ hmm that’s weird, but this is a good sign! there’s a chance :slight_smile:

@santagirl thanks and I know I thought I was waitlisted for my alternative major until I clicked my SIP. Just wondering but are you an oos student? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.

@jenaylay‌ Nope, I’m from central cali

are you OOS?

@santagirl I’m in state and thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

I got in too! I got rejected to UCLA nursing though-_-

State: CA
SAT: 1720
ACT: 26 or 27
GPA: 4.4
AP: calc bc (4), ab subscore (4), ap euro (3), ap chem (2). ap us (4), ap bio (planned), ap stats (planned), ap gov (planned).
EC: President of UNICEF Club, Secretary of Biomed club, NHS member, internship (shadowing) at a hospital, tutor
Personal Essay helped me a lot because I wrote my experience about living in another country and the struggles my family went through.

@‌college2345
I know a person who got into UCLA nursing with a 1300 SAT and 3.9 GPA, so anything could happen! It is unpredictable.
People with high stats still got rejected.

@amhidic‌ Congrats! :slight_smile: are you going to go? have you ever visited the campus?

I am still hesitant, but I would like to because I live eight hours away.
I still have a lot to think about! I will keep you posted.
I have never visited the campus, and I have a twin sister and we both want to go to the same college. Once she decides what she has planned, then we shall see. She got into Irvine too, but under the biological sciences major.
Are you going to go?

@amhidic‌ oh okay, well good luck with everything! I live a few hours away too and I am mostly likely going, but I need to visit before I make my final decision

Bump!! Bump!!

How is UCI nursing? Who ended up getting in in the end?
Applied and hearing back in March, so excited!