UCI Nursing, UCSD, UCR, UCLA Nursing, CSUF Nursing ???? CHANCES???

Freshman GPA: 4.29 weighted
Sophomore GPA: 4.5 weighted
Junior GPA: 4.36 weighted
1st Semester Senior GPA: 4.7 weighted (i’m kinda bummed that they don’t look at senior grades during the admission process)

CUMULATIVE GPA: 4.38 (w/o senior grades)
UC GPA CAPPED: 4.29

SAT w essay :
I took it 4 times.

1160 (5,4,6 essay score)
1270 (6,4,6)
1280 (6,4,6)
1280 (6,4,6)

This year, I’m taking

AP Calculus
AP Chem
AP Bio
AP Gov
AP Macro
AP Lit and Comp
AP Psychology

Extracurriculars:

• Active Hospital volunteer (4 yrs)
  • National Honors Society (4 yrs)
  • Varsity Swim (2 yrs)
  • Varsity Girls Tennis (3 yrs)
  • Volunteered at a health fair for one day
  • Boys Varsity Tennis manager (2 yrs)

Leadership:

• Team Captain of tennis team (12th grade)
  • Journalism Copy Editor (11th grade)

AP Exams taken (I’m a bad test taker lol) :

AP World (2)
AP US History (2)
AP Environmental Science (2)
AP English language and comp (2)

I am going to try to take all the exams for the AP classes I am taking this yr.

Hey! I’d love if you could chance back.
Your HS Councelor will submit midyear school report, so they do count :D. Your taking a really heavy course load so that should count as a plus; GPA is great as well (higher than mine :/.) I’m applying to school myself, but I applied early to some schools with similair acceptance to UCSD, so I my opinion may be somewhat valid.
UCLA-reach; your SAT puts you in the lowest 25% of students-and from what I know, UCLA is much more test heavy than some of the private schools of the same caliber, but still your best bet is to really work on those essays!
UCSD- high match/low reach- you could a reasonable to a bit low chance of getting in.
the others are more or less matches to likelies- CSUF maybe a safety.
TIP: one the cheapest and best ways to get into top UC is to do two years of community college and then transfer. Chances are WAY better then straight ought of high school and its WAY cheaper. Look it up :D.

@Lydoer2051: UC’s and CSU’s do not normally ask for Mid-year transcripts unless they are requested for an augmented review. OP will be admitted based on their self-reported grades on the UC/CSU applications which is 9-11th.

Your UC GPA (capped weighted) GPA is very competitive. Your SAT scores are on the low side for the UCSD/UCI and UCLA.

Your application is more than just GPA and test scores so your essays, HS course rigor and EC’s will all contribute to your chances.

UCR is a solid match and so is CSU Fullerton.
UCI and UCLA will be tough for Nursing since they have such a low acceptance rate <4%.
UCSD could go either way.

Did you apply to any safety schools? Also are you set on Nursing, since you have some schools on your list that do not offer Nursing? If you want Nursing, I suggest you also get an application into Azusa Pacific or University of San Francisco.