UCI or UCD (biological science)?

<p>Hi, I got accepted to UC Irvine (biological science) and UC Davis (biological science - biochem). However, I don’t know which one to choose. I live pretty close to UCI but I will dorm in any case. I have visit UCI but not UCD. Does anyone know which school is stronger in the biological field? Also, any tips, suggestions that can help me choose.</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>Davis is much better at biology.</p>

<p>Davis isn’t that much better for biology, esp. not molecular biology.</p>

<p>If youre interested in Earth systems either Irvine or Davis would be good but UCSC’s program is ranked even higher.</p>

<p>I want to apply to Med. school afterward. I’ve read some of the post and it seems that everything matters when it’s time to apply. Your GPA, the college you attend, your MCAT score ect. Which school would prepare me better for my future education? </p>

<p>I’ve got another option that is to go to a JC and transfer to a higher ranked school such as UCLA which also matters when you apply to med. school. Is this true?</p>

<p>I’m a little bit confused when it’s come to college. I just came to the U.S. the last summer and struggled with my SAT score. Also, I was not aware of AP classes and thus did not take many of them this year. However, I’m happy that I made it to at least 2 UCs. However, I don’t know which school I should choose. Is it a better experience to move far away from home? Any suggestion?</p>

<p>^ Congrats on being accepted to two top notch universities and for only being in the states for such a short period of time. :slight_smile: You should be very proud of yourself as it is. According to the ranking this year (since rankings matter to you) Davis if only higher than Irvine by 4 rankings overall, so it’s not that much of a difference. Since you haven’t visit Davis, come to North Cal and see for yourself. :slight_smile: That will definitely help with your decision.</p>

<p>UCD is a better school for bio :)</p>