UCI or UCD for pre med?

Hey guys I’ve been going back and forth between the two colleges for some time now and I really cannot decide. Next week I’ll be taking a tour of each campus, so hopefully I can make a decision then. But for now, any comments would be appreciated.

Some info/things I’ve heard:
-I’m Asian Indian
-my major is biological sciences at both schools
-I currently live in SoCal, so Irvine would be a lot closer to my family and I would get a car. Also a good portion of my friends are going to UCI, while none of them are going to UCD (I don’t really see this as too big of a problem though, but it is a factor)
-UCI and UCD are really close in the rankings, but I’ve heard UCD is slightly better for pre med (correct me if I’m wrong)
-I heard UCD is less competitive than UCI for pre med and the professors are better at UCD, but I’m not too sure if this is true.
-I’m not too big of a partier, so that’s not a factor.
-research opportunities are good at both schools.
-I’m really into Asian girls and I heard UCI has a lot of them lol
-I feel as if going to UCI would be more comfortable for me, but going to UCD would be a new, different experience.
-I love to get involved and take leadership initiatives. (I feel like Davis provides the edge here)
-I’m really into sports (am thinking about playing club tennis in college)
-I think what it boils down to is which college I can get a better GPA at, because I plan to apply to medical school and GPA is a huge factor.

So as you can see, it’s like 50-50 for me right now. I would appreciate it if anyone could offer their two cents. It would really help if people who attend/attended UCI or UCD could give their take.

Thanks.

I’d advise you to tour both campuses to feel the fit and read the AMSA facebook groups for both - see what opportunities they provide. UCD has great premed advising, research opportunities and connections to its medical school for its undergrads (I’d easily recommend it over UCB and many privates simply because of the HRI internships), but if you live near UCI and will have a car it’s probably a better choice.

That’s only if you live close enough that you would be able to continue and intensify your volunteer/research work during summers and breaks, though. Being able to stick around in the summer will make you more attractive to internships.