UCI Regents/UCSD Regents/UCLA

<p>So I got into UCI and UCSD with Regents Scholarship, and UCLA as a normal admit. I’m pretty much leaning towards UCI and UCSD as of now, but I was wondering if anybody wanted to share their experiences if they’re in a similar situation, or just general advice. I plan to go into medicine, so I want a school that is good in sciences and okay for getting a good GPA… Though UCSD is higher ranked than UCI, is there a significant difference in their science academics? I’m thinking that wherever I go, it’s going to be hard, lol.</p>

<p>IF money is an issue then ucsd
if not ucla</p>

<p>How much are the Regents worth at UCSD and UCI? I believe the uCLA regents this year is close to $ 2,000.</p>

<p>Anyway, UCSD has a terrific reputation in biology -- and if you are in biology, you are in a terrific program. If I am not mistaken, biology is an impacted major at UCSD. Irvine is reputed to have a solid program but am less personally familiar, so...</p>

<p>Since I have financial need, my Regents Scholarship covers about $15,000, as compared to the $6,000 UCLA gave me. I think UCI's Regents should be about the same.</p>

<p>What's your major? Some are a lot better at UCSD; some at UCLA.</p>

<p>I'm planning to major in human biology, but I might switch to some type of chemistry. Some major in that area.</p>

<p>for premed, major is irelevant. Take the money (and easier A's). This is a no-brainer.</p>

<p>Yeah, but I don't know which one between UCSD and UCI lol. I guess UCI is lower ranked, but does that make it significantly easier than UCSD?</p>

<p>^ wait for UCI to give you your financial offer, and i'd personally take the one that costs less. </p>

<p>congrats on the acceptances!</p>

<p>
[quote]
I guess UCI is lower ranked, but does that make it significantly easier than UCSD?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>It's not the rankings, its the competition. Think about taking Calculus with kids who score, on average, xx points lower on SAT Math. However, it's probably not a significant difference; instead go to Merced and be a star!</p>

<p>@anotherasian, UCI and UCSD should end up cutting out all of my financial need above my EFC, so it should cost exactly the same at both.</p>

<p>hi amy! lol.</p>

<p>hahaha hi kevin, guess I'm not the only RM person on this forum. xD</p>