UCI/UCSD appeal?

I applied to 8 schools. 4 UCs and 4 cal states. I’ve heard back from 7 (still waiting on Merced) so far, rejected to all UCs and rejected to cal states bc I don’t qualify to be in the “local area”
I’ve only been accepted to cal state la.
I plan on writing an appeal to both uci and ucsd. (my dream schools)
could I get an info on your experience w appeals and how to make an appeal letter stand out? thank you

Why is UCI so great?

I also got rejected from all UCs and I think I had a chance at UCD or UCI. Should I appeal?

Are you a Freshman or transfer? What are your stats? Do you have any new or compelling information to present in your appeal?

I’m a freshman w 3.5 gpa coming from an IB school. Lots of extracurriculars proving that I’m a leader. My grades slipped in 9th grade but improved to almost straight As and 4.0 gpa in my senior yr.

No trynabe mean but that GPA is not even high… I had 4.5’s for the last four semster 4.3 college gpa and didnt get in any uc and did many extracurriculars. Grades are not everything u needa make yourself stand out

Your GPA, although not bad, hurt your admissions chances because of the sheer numbers of students in competition with you whose averages are above 4.0 for the UCs.

It sounds like your test scores weren’t the best? If you don’t have strong GPA/stats and if your coursework was lacking any of the A-G requirements then that could be the reason you were denied.