Uci, Ucsd, Ucla, Ucb

<p>indian male in california</p>

<h1>3 ranked high school in the state(Troy High)</h1>

<p>UW gpa: 3.50</p>

<p>W gpa: 4.23</p>

<p>Sat I: 750M 720CR 700W</p>

<p>Sat II: 780 IIC 790 Biology 800 US History</p>

<p>AP: European History 5 Computer Science A 5 Psychology 4 US History 5 Environmental 5 Computer Science AB 5 English Language 4(taking 6 more this year)</p>

<p>Grades: Sophmore Year: European History AP A/A
Spanish 2 Honors B/C
Computer Science A/B
English 2 Honors A/B
Algebra 2 (honors 1st sem, regular 2 sem) C/A
Chemistry B/B
Junior Year: U.S. History AP A/A
Spanish 3 B/B
Computer Science AB A/A
English Language AP B/B
Precalc/Trig A/A
Environmental Science AP A/A
Psychology AP A/A
Senior Year US Government AP(1st Sem)/Economics AP(2st Sem)
English Literature AP
Calculus AB AP
Biology AP
Statistic AP
Physics</p>

<p>EC(dont so great : ( )
1 Summer Intership at Boeing
100+ Volunteer Hrs at Hospital
1 Summer Job at In N Out
Key Club(no leadership)
Interact Club(no leadership)
Red Cross Club(no leadership)</p>

<p>Do I have any chance and if yes which ones? If not where do I have chance(of places with good engineering programs)?</p>

<p>I don't think you have a great shot at UCB or UCLA because of your EC's...</p>

<p><a href="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/sats/etc/inside.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/sats/etc/inside.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Hate these posts, just apply and see for yourself, not trying to be rude or anything but everyone on here just looks at your GPA and just base it off that.</p>

<p>if your stats aren't that great, then you really have to kick it up a knotch with your personal statement</p>

<p>it looks like your stats are are a match for the higher UC's. Looking at the GPA and SAT scores you should be ok</p>

<p>You should get into Berkeley, just write a really good essay.</p>

<p>you damn troy kids and your competitiveness. I go to sonora haha
Your SAT scores are awesome, your ECs are ok, but GPA might hinder you from getting into the upper UCs (Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD) since thats what UCs focus on the most obviously. But I'll have to say slight reach-reach. I think UCI/UCSB/UCD is a match/safety</p>

<p>Where is flopsy? He's the best one at evaluating</p>

<p>i was suppose to go to sonora haha, then my parents made me transfer : |</p>

<p>I don't think you're going to get into UCB or UCLA because of that GPA. ECs aren't that great but UCs don't care that much about them. UCSD is a maybe...and I think you have a good chance at UCI due to those solid test scores.</p>

<p>I think you guys are looking at the UW GPA, if you look at his weighted GPA, it's clearly good enough for UCLA or UCB. 4.23 is a very solid GPA.</p>

<p>Uhm, correct me if I'm wrong because I did this really quickly, but his UC GPA is a 3.8W (@OP, do you really have 13 classes Soph+Jr year?). I think he has a great shot at UCSD, although it could be a slight reach for Berkeley and UCLA. Your SAT IIs are ridiculously good, but the GPA might be a little bit low.</p>

<p>ya i had 13 cuz im not sports and i was done with pe soph year. but my uc gpa is 3.96</p>

<p>Are you sure? I did it again and here's my reckoning:</p>

<p>26 semesters*4=104 (4 being an A)
9 Bs(-1)+2 Cs(-2)=-13 (-1 and -2 being how many points away from a 4 Bs and Cs are)
Maximum 8 semesters extra point for AP/Hon.=8 (Maximum number of AP/Honors credit given)
Total: 99/26=3.81 UC GPA</p>

<p>yea i believe the UC GPA is 3.81, calculating it myself</p>

<p>ooo sry guys. i put up the wrong grades, its a 2 more As cuz i got a A in english and spanish 2nd sem jr high. its a 3.88(idk where i got 3.96) sry for making u guys do all the math for nothing. thx 4 checking tho</p>

<p>That's still good enough for Berkeley. Not a sure thing, but easily a great shot.</p>

<p>^ Not really, the average unweighted GPA in '06 was 3.83.</p>

<p>you're going to Cal, don't worry, you're not the first to go there without a UW4.0, you certainly wont be the last, my best friend got a 4.3weighted, and a 3.0 UW for senior year, he's in Bowles, lol, and majoring in MCB, he's indian too, don't worry</p>

<p>Yeah, people don't seem to understand that an average means that a lot of people get in below that number. Berkeley's considered the safety for the people headed off to Ivy League and top privates, and one can only wonder what kind of GPAs they got >_>;; If Berkeley's matriculation rate is only 45%, you get a pretty good idea how, conservatively, at least 20% of its admitted students could easily have made perfect GPAs to bring up the average.</p>

<p>Well considering he's asking for chances, generally a 3.5 UW is not viewed as a good shot for Berkeley, however, the "#3 ranked high school in the state(Troy High)", which I didn't notice earlier, probably means that the GPA is really deflated, so he probably has a quite a decent shot in spite of the lower than average GPA.</p>

<p>Just because some people got in with a 3.5 UW or a 3.0 UW doesn't mean that everyone can. I've generally noticed that to be called a match you need to have similar or a little bit higher stats than the average admitted student, though there's always exceptions because of other factors (such as a really competitive HS like the OP.)</p>