UCI v UCD

<p>I got accepted to both UCI and UCDavis as Chemical Engineering but i will change my major to Biomedical Engineering/Premed. Both school have this program and i cant decide to which one is better. Can you list possitive and negative thing about both campuse?
Which one has better Biomedical Engineering program and which one has better Premed program.
Thank You</p>

<p>Is academics the only thing that matters??
Both schools are quite different when it comes to location, student life, etc…</p>

<p>Yes academics the only thing that matters. I went to UC Davis today for the picnic day and it really nice place, the students there are friendly. never been to irvine soo i dont know about that.</p>

<p>Well if u can, i would recommend visiting irvine and taking a campus tour. </p>

<p>As for the academics im not sure which is better, but irvine is ranked higher than davis.</p>

<p>I am in the exact same situation. I need advice.</p>

<p>As far as academics, I would say that these schools are almost identical, however, when you look into it a bit further, Irvine is very well known for its medical school whereas Davis is a bit more agricultural/animal biology related (but still has a great med school).
socially, I grew up in Irvine, and have enjoyed living here. I also have friends who I grew up with and they now go to uci and seem to be having fun. My biggest thing about Irvine and uci is that it is NOT a very lively town, if you are not much of a partier or a person that will be going outich, you will be fine and you will enjoy your time at uci’s campus. (and if you do want to go out, and have a car, there’s always Huntington beach and Newport! Only 15 minutes away)
Personally, I love the college town aspect to Davis, but I think that is mostly becaust it its a change from where I grew up. Good luck!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>UC Davis is 7 ranks ahead of UC Irvine according to USNWR</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>UC Davis’s med school is ranked higher than UC Irvine’s according to USNWR.</p>

<p>That said, I think the two schools are virtually academically identical in most subjects.</p>

<p>Anyway, I chose UC Davis over UC Irvine because I felt UC Davis was a more quintessential college town. I also didn’t really like Irvine when I visited; it is a really nice campus, but it didn’t feel “right” for me. Definitely visit UC Irvine before making your decision. You may find that it’s a better fit for you overall after visiting.</p>

<p>My bad. I personally rank irvine higher.</p>