Uci vs Ucd

well Ucla was my number one choice for college but then i was rejected. my choices now include ucd, uci and rochester universty (with $15’000 scholarship) with an application still at (ucb) (don’t want to go to because of too many horror stories) and (stanford) (really doubt my chances here). At the uc’s i do not have to pay admission prices due to cal vet benefits (though my parents assure me they will finance any choice i make). My question is should i go to uci or ucd?

Pro’s and con’s of both

UCi

Pros:
Farther from home (about 8 hours)
More temperate weather (i excercise frequently)
Better triathlon team
better gym

Cons:
supposedly less social life
worse food
no interesting structural features

UCd

Pros:
Better cycling team
better food
better social life
better college town atmosphere

Cons:
close to home (less than 45 minutes)
More hot

Have you visited both campuses? If not, I suggest you do and see which campus you like best. Both are going to give you an excellent education. Pick the school that you feel the most comfortable and see yourself attending for 4 years. For UCI, John Wayne airport is very close by, so you fly home in a few hours…

Some other considerations:
*did you get into the same major at both schools? How do the GE requirements differ? Does that matter to you?

*Irvine is right by the beach and not too far from Anaheim, also close to LA. Sounds like you are from either East Bay or Sacramento/foothills area (I’m in the Bay area) and for me those would be a plus since they are new and different.

*otoh, if you enjoy skiing, you’ll be closer at Davis.

These are all pretty minor… you’ll get a great education at either school and can’t really go wrong. But since you do have the choice it comes down to the little quality of life things.

I applied and got in as materials engineering to both campuses but I will probably switch majors to biochem as after an internship in a caltrans materials lab the life of an engineer seems dull and I would probably go the route of a premed