UCI vs UCD

<p>Alright, I’m sorry to put up another “UCI vs UCD” but none of the previous threads seemed to answer my question. I am planning to go into forensic science which means I will probably be majoring in bio. So I was wondering which school has a stronger bio program.</p>

<p>I heard that UCD is very strong in the biological sciences, but I might be wrong. :/</p>

<p>At the undergraduate level whatever difference there is will be negligible. Thread over :)</p>

<p>uci.</p>

<p>thread closed.</p>

<p>UC Davis is known for bio. It is one of the top schools in the UC system for bio majors. Davis is a bio school. That is its most popular program and what the school is mostly known for. It seems like everyone at Davis are in bio-related majors. It's right up there next to UCSD. UCSD and Davis are the 2 best UC's in these areas because of the strength of their bio programs which means best prep for advanced study after graduation. In the UC system, only Davis, UCSD, UCLA, and UCI have medical schools, so unlike Berkeley which must borrow resources from UCSF, they are all easily able to provide plenty of hands-on research/internship opportunities.</p>

<p>I have a friend in bio major attending UCI right now in his 3rd year, and he says he's not impressed by the bio program there. He is one of the top students there because he just pulled a 4.0 last quarter and is on his way to another 4.0 this final quarter as a junior, so this guy is top shelf material.</p>

<p>He got accepted to all 4 schoos he applied to, which was Berkeley, UCLA, Davis, and UCI. His 1st choice as a bio major was and has always been UC Davis because its bio program is so strong, and he was set on going there, but they only gave him 12.5k in financial aid. So he settled on UCI only because they gave him 22k in financial aid per year. He comes from a really poor family, so it's hard to blame him, but he said he regrets it.</p>

<p>UCD for biology.</p>