UCI vs. UCSB for Computer Engineering

<p>I got into Irvine for computer engineering and Santa Barbara for Pre-Computer Engineering. I heard SB is better for engineering, but I myself like I’s atmosphere better and am learning more toward it.</p>

<p>Also, if I were to choose Irvine, would it be a better idea to maybe change my major to computer science and engineering?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Any advice?</p>

<p>I would personally go to UCSB if I were you but it really depends on the individual. (I think SB is far more beautiful and exicting than UCI) They're both great schools so either choice will be a good one. :)</p>

<p>Since it's only undergraduate school, choose the school that will make you happy to be at. If you were to choose UCI, being in computer engineering vs. computer science and engineeirng is a huge difference. Computer engineering is more like electrical engineering with an emphasis on the digital side such as VLSI, cpus, etc. Computer science and engineering is all the required computer science courses with extra requirements in physics, math, and electrical engineering. I hope this helps.</p>