UCI Vs. UCSD

I was just informed that I got into UCI. I want to be an engineer and I’m undeclared at both schools. Which school should I attend? I do love both schools, but what will help me in the future in terms of internship and employment? Also, how is campus/student life at both schools?

UCSD’s overall academics and school of engineering are generally slightly better regarded by employers, but it’s really challenging to transfer into engineering. I don’t know how the process works at UCI, but if it’s easier and you really want to be an engineer your odds are probably better there. UCSD in my experience has been socially popping since day 1: according to stereotypes, though, UCSD is socially dead and UCI is even worse.

If you are undeclared at both schools, UCI will be an easier transfer into Engineering than UCSD since all Engineering majors are capped at UCSD. If you like both schools, I would lean towards UCI which will have good internship and employment opportunities just like UCSD.

http://www.changeofmajor.uci.edu/CoM_Engr.html

@DoctorP UCSD seemed fun! However, UCI is pretty fun as well. It’s just what you make out of it!

@Gumbymom Thanks for the advice!

I’m at UCI, the engineering is not that great. I’d consider SD before UCI.