UCI with Regents or UCSD?

<p>Hi,
I’m having a little problem deciding between UCSD and UCI for Computer or Electrical Engineering (it’s one of the two, haven’t decided yet). I got Regents for UCI, and since I’m pretty poor (kinda, lol), I only need 1200 in loans (compared to 7000 for UCSD). However, UCSD has a better engineering program, and even though I haven’t been there yet (going for Admit Day), it seems like a nice campus (looks better than UCI IMHO). So where should I go? ;)</p>

<p>BUMP (10 char)</p>

<p>Well, if money isn't a big deal than either one works fine. Admit Day should give you a better idea of where you might want to be. If you can, try to get someone to show you around the rest of campus that's outside of your particular college. There's plenty to see. UCSD is a big place.</p>

<p>UCSD may have a better engineering program according to rankings, but UCI has much to offer. First and foremost, visit both campuses and see which one you feel like you'll better fit in and be happy at since attending either school will give you the same basic benefits an engineer needs to graduate and get a job. However, as an electrical engineering major at UCI, going to UCI with regents and CHP beats going to UCSD. </p>

<p>As for the research at UCI/UCSD, we actually have a very significant partnership -- calit2. This stands for the California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology. Many of the professors are associated with calit2 when it comes to their research work.</p>

<p>for regents at UCI versus UCSD. I'd go UCI.</p>

<p>Personally I would choose UCI in that situation</p>

<p>UCSD for engnr</p>

<p>i am in the same situation~
UCI w/ regent and CHP vs. UCSD, but i am a business-econ major. I chose UCI. my couselor told me that CHP in UCI will give me much better opportunities in terms of career, resume, research, class size, etc. so i chose UCI (already sent SIR). oooh and u get to live in honor housing, which makes alot of difference(according to ppl in CC) , they said that CHP is like a big family in which everyone knows each other.
i am not even going to admit day (tho i signed up already) i am so determined now about UCI=]
i like UCI campus too, Irvine is an awesome city!
also, i think uci is getting better and better (ranking).</p>

<p>hope u make the right decision! good luck:)</p>

<p>I'd say UCSD. but either choice is totally a good one.</p>

<p>I submitted my SIR for UCSD today! :D The 3.5 GPA for Regents turned me away (I'm doing Engineering, so I'm not that confident... XD), and UCSD felt so much better than UCI. Hopefully I'm making the right choice... and there's still my Cal appeal... :)</p>

<p>Congrats man. We'll see you around in the fall. Which college d'you get into?</p>