UCLA 2023 Transfer Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

I have not seen a transfer waitlist thread and just wanted to see if anyone can give me more details on when I should be expecting a decision on the waitlist?

1 Like

When is up to admissions just like the Freshman waitlist. Usually waitlist students will not hear until after the SIR deadline but if spots open up prior to the deadline, then UCLA could admit off the waitlist.

roughly what are the chances for someone to get off the waitlist. I’m assuming it’s
much lower than the freshman waitlist percentage.

Unfortunately UCLA does not post waitlist data for transfers so I cannot tell you anything for sure. You might want to look at the previous year’s UC Transfer discussion to figure out your chances.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/ucla-fall-2022-transfer-thread/

2 Likes

Does UCLA release transfer waitlist decisions relatively early after the June 1 SIR deadline?

UCLA will start admitting once they determine if they have open spots which varies from year to year.

1 Like

Does anyone getoff from the wl?

Couldn’t find anyone yet on here, reddit or discord.

We are still waiting, wonder when they release the waitlist.

Still waiting

An English major transfer student posted on Reddit that they got off waitlist today. It’s done by major I’ve read. So if true, those on waitlist may want to check on this today.

following this thread because i did not receive an actual email the first time i heard back. transfer student trying to get off the appeals (please do not
discuss my chances, thank you <3) my major starts with letter A. I will post when i hear back so everyone else checks! best of luck to you all. Gods plan>

Has there been any movements in the waitlists at all? I still see the same waitlist letter from April in my son’s admission portal with no change. I remember seeing somewhere that the last date for waitlist decisions was July 31st - but since it is already July 22, I assume there will be no movement on the waitlist. He has already SIR’ed to another UC and is ready to get going there - so he will not be disappointed as he has already accepted that he is not in. In fact if by some miracle he gets in right now, he may in fact be put in a dilemma whether to accept or not.

Looks like waitlist officially ended today, 8/12