UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

That’s correct. If you’re interested in a slightly easier-to-read spreadsheet of that data, I’ve created a Google Sheet that you can create a copy of and edit as you like.

(Edit: now showing 2019–2022 data)

3 Likes

Might be more to do with the demographics of the state and perhaps weather!

2 Likes

I know many friends kids who got into Cal but picked other highly rated schools.
Main reason they gave was they did not like the vibe and the super competitive environment

10 Likes
4 Likes

Goodness ucla had 149,000 freshman applications. My year it was 97,000.

7 Likes

10% (15,000/150,000) admit rate. Wowzer!

This is a public school, right?

6 Likes

It’s getting to be insane. CS and other highly-prized majors probably have 3-4% admit rates.

3 Likes

Yes! I would say country-wide the hardest majors to get accepted to are Computer Science and Engineering! Unbelievable!!

1 Like

Is regents for LA just not coming this year?

2 Likes

My son received another email today and it was to apply for financial aid. Has anyone else received it?

2 Likes

Yes

And a second one to get comfortable at UCLA

Lol

So sweet and welcoming. Wonder if they want all 150,000 to get comfy…

7 Likes

Just keeping people engaged while they read 600,000 PIQs!.

6 Likes

Do you get these emails as parents? Or did your kids tell you? I didn’t get anything, but I did get something today from UCSB addressed to me.

Hopefully not getting piqued
:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I read my kid’s email
Anxious guy
She does not mind, as long as it just from schools
She has another personal one

3 Likes

I try to help my two track all of these schools. My only ask was for them to let me know if they are getting emails, especially regarding financial aid. If it’s generic then I don’t need to see it. If it’s a school asking for something then I do. Rather than trying to figure it out they both just started forwarding me the emails they get. I have gotten things as a parent directly from UCSB though.

5 Likes

Are decisions definitely coming out on March 19th? Has the date been officially communicated?

1 Like